DIY- LX 5 Lug and Rear Disc Swap

lashlee

Reaction score
You could, but for the rears once you get the caliper off all it takes is one nut (the axle nut) to swap the rear hub. Its up to you, and if the replacement has less mileage or better bearings it might be worth it.

HotboxF23

Reaction score
You could, but for the rears once you get the caliper off all it takes is one nut (the axle nut) to swap the rear hub. Its up to you, and if the replacement has less mileage or better bearings it might be worth it.

:hmmm2: didnt know that it just comes right off, well i guess it wont be so bad for the rear as i thought...ill look at mileage comparison etc then..thanks lashlee

coronafamilia

Reaction score
so i have a 99 cg i4 lx sedan and i am looking at a donor car which is a 98 cg V6 coupe i have read most of this thread and i havent found a definate answer on if i can jus yank everything off the coupe and throw it on my sedan?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yes, you can. coupe to sedan does not matter. the only thing that matters is that you get the rear spindles and ebrake cables for disc brakes, if your car is rear drum. if you're already rear disc but in 4 lug, then you could just switch all four of your hubs with the 5 lug ones and required brake stuff.

Last edited:

coronafamilia

Reaction score
yes, you can. coupe to sedan does not matter. the only thing that matters is that you get the rear spindles and ebrake cables for disc brakes, if your car is rear drum. if you're already rear disc but in 4 lug, then you could just switch all four of your hubs with the 5 lug ones and required brake stuff.

so what i have done since my car is rear drums i took the rear knuckles, calipers and e-brake cable off of a 4 cylinder sedan and now my next question is i am about to take apart the 98 honda accord v6 coupe to convert mine to 5 lugs now will all my 4 lugs parts fit on his V6 since he is going to be selling the whole car to a junk yards and need the car to be on wheels not on the ground for towing

james'99

Reaction score
so what i have done since my car is rear drums i took the rear knuckles, calipers and e-brake cable off of a 4 cylinder sedan and now my next question is i am about to take apart the 98 honda accord v6 coupe to convert mine to 5 lugs now will all my 4 lugs parts fit on his V6 since he is going to be selling the whole car to a junk yards and need the car to be on wheels not on the ground for towing

Only thing that may not work out is moving the e brake cable over due to length. That is all I can think of.

coronafamilia

Reaction score
i jus wanted to post that i have finished my 5 lug and drum to disc conversion it was fun and quiet simple now the only issue i ran into was that the e-brake cable one on the drum set up is bolted to one of the support arm and since i didnt take that off the other car i had to zip tie it for now to the old arm because the bolt didnt match up other than that everything works fine no braking issue at all but the pedal does feel a little bit softer

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If anyone wants some 5lug or rear disc stuff, there's a few 6thgens at the pull-a-part by me.

Accordlife

Reaction score
still new to this but is this just for a Coupe or would it work for a 6th gen sedan.
let me know what all parts I would need. very much appreciate the info.

james'99

Reaction score
still new to this but is this just for a Coupe or would it work for a 6th gen sedan.
let me know what all parts I would need. very much appreciate the info.

All the parts should be listed on the front page. I'd assume you have an LX 4 cyl with rear drum brakes?

Back