Uneven spacing between tire and fender....?

haoleflip

Reaction score
Hey guys, I had to put my old stock rims back on because I recently cracked one of my other rims from hitting a pothole. :doh:

When I got done putting them on and adjusting height, etc. I noticed my right side had a MUCH bigger gap between the tire and fender than the left side did. I have pictures below...

RIGHT SIDE
20130511_160445_zpsebf20b4f.jpg

LEFT SIDE
20130511_160501_zps45f1edf7.jpg

What is the culprit in this situation? I know that spacers could help, but I'd have to get a bigger size for the right side? Or is there something underneath that I could adjust? Thanks!

truWarier02

Reaction score
My passenger side has always been several mm higher even if all 4 corners are technically set at the same height. I'm guessing the weight distribution of the car plays a part? Weird thing is, my passenger side is higher yet has more negative camber than the driver side.

Last edited:

haoleflip

Reaction score
If that bugs you, adjust it lower assuming you have coilovers so your gap matches.

It's not the vertical gap in those pictures, although that is what it looks like. That's the horizontal gap (picture taken at angle) between my fender and tire that normally spacers would fix. I had it lower earlier, but the gap was still there.

This is a look at the vertical gap, I don't have it too tucked.
20130511_165646_zps07048d3a.jpg

Back