Horrible Gas Mileage

f23accord2000

Reaction score
i get about 480 miles to a full tank traveling 95 % of my driving is all highway and traveling between 65-80 mph, yeah def change the spark plugs wires cap rotor ,sea foam her up,and get some chevron techron fuel system cleaner you dump in the tank, new air filter, i have the hybrid intake with drop in k&n and i keep all my tires at 32 psi, and also check the exhaust system for leaks i had leaks in mine didnt even know it. and last try not to step on it to much hitting vtec will kill the gas pretty bad all the time

jwong512

Reaction score
Why the Chevron System Fuel Cleaner? Can't you just dump the remaining Seafoam in the gas tank instead?

MrLazie1

Reaction score
Seafoam = Death of Engine.

Just get a little fuel system cleaner @ Napa and throw it in your tank. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER use any oil additive... EVER. It destroys seals and causes oil burn.

Only way to "clean" the engine is to take it apart.

as far as i know, you're wrong about never using any oil additive. the additives in the oil are suppose to clean your engine. when you change your oil and it comes out dirty, that means that the additives in the oil is doing its job, which is to clean!

sure taking your engine apart will clean it better than the oil. but what about some people that don't know how to take it apart? of course they're going to constantly keep changing their oil when it is dirty. and after you take apart the engine to clean it, its still going to get dirty again and you're going to have to rip it apart again. -_-

thomasw333

Reaction score
I have gotten 32 mpg before, i usually get about 400 miles per tank, i have a CAI, full exhaust and struts and springs all tune up stuff done a year or so ago. and 15 inch steelies with 205/60/15 bf goodrich g froce tires

Back