Different linear springs on my GC sleeves?

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
So, I was just browsing through the web and searched up the difference between eibach, swift, and hyperco.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2092718
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1302217
http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/swift-springs/31708/page1/
And more "hyperco vs eibach vs swift" on Google

From what I've seen, 99accord_boi and sleeper cell has upgraded their FF type 2 and AMR springs to a higher rate. Abe going with swift and Kevin going with hyperco.

All three of the company carries the spring that I am searching for. Kevin said he wants to upgrade his front hyperco to swift in the future.

These will be replacing my front 8kg eibach fronts which will be moved to the rears to replace the 6kg rears.

Replacing the springs shouldn't be hard, I can remove the spring without taking out the whole suspension.

Would having hyperco/swift in the front and eibach in the rear make a difference? This isn't a car that will see the track; just your everyday daily driver.

I know there are other springs I can get such as Tiens, Megan, H&R, and etc. But these are the main 3 I am on set for.

Even though eibach and ground control are two different company, the ground control sleeves are paired with Eibach springs. Will it be a good idea to swap out my eibach to other springs?

If you guys are wondering, I'm getting some 12kg rates to replace the fronts.

Pretty much reads, 7" spring length, 2.5" or 65mm spring diameter, and 650lbs/in

Edit: forgot to mention I have Koni Yellows and GC sleeves :)

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Brand of springs won't matter. Just the rates.

Stick with Eibach. They're one of the biggest in spring manufacturing for a reason.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Brand of springs won't matter. Just the rates.

Stick with Eibach. They're one of the biggest in spring manufacturing for a reason.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking.

Just trying to search 700.250.650 on google to see if there os any of them forsale so I wont havr to go trough eibach and have them charge me for custom rates.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
People get custom rates all the time for their race cars...dont see why it'd be that big of a deal.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
People get custom rates all the time for their race cars...dont see why it'd be that big of a deal.

It isn't a big deal, just don't want them to charge that extra money for custom rates. Gotta pay to play I guess Haha.

So mismatch springs will ride fine?

Let's say if i were to find a deal on some swift springs and went with them instead, will that be fine?

Back