5 Speed Swapped

What do you think of doing an AT to MT 5Spd Swap?

• Total voters

Ric Rock

Reaction score
For those who have done this to their autos:

How happy are you with the at to 5spd mt swap?

Any long term problems you guys are facing now since you swapped to 5spd?

What problems did you face that during the process that you didn't oversee before starting?

Any misc. info and tips you can toss at me that'll help the job run smoother?

After doing the swap do you have to report the swap to like the DMV for registration?

Im in the process of building up my parts list, I compiled this list based on what I read was needed from other threads. The junkyard is my new favorite place.

MY PARTS LIST:
Manual Tranny
5spd ECU
5spd Starter
5spd Sensor
Clutch Master Cylinder
Slave Cylinder
Tranny Mounts
Linkage
Brake & Clutch Assembly
Flywheel & Flywheel Bolts

Did I miss anything else needed?

I did my research and read up on peoples experiences on the swap but not everyone posted what happened after the process, furthermore if they completed the process. Some seem to have run into bumps on the road but they never have said how it all ended.

Im a noob sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum but i want some feedback on you guys who have done this...i have pm'd some of you but i know theres more of you out there thats done this.

Last edited:

Ric Rock

Reaction score
Definitely 5Spd FTW!!!

Im starting up my collection of parts soon!!! I got a shop that quoted me $900 for the whole swap if i provide all my parts..$2500 for all parts and labor. I got my mind made up that Im gonna buy all the parts then take it over to that shop.

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Hit me up on AIM anytime your ready to talk about the swap.

AngusTEx

Reaction score
Wow $2500? :ugh:

Don't get me wrong; I love my 5spd. If it were my money, I'd put it on a down payment on another car.
hsughno.gif

Either way I'm sure when you're done with the swap, you'll have no regrets.

Ric Rock

Reaction score
i was leaning towards getting the parts myself..and just paying for labor. my trannys going bad and im not gonna pay some ridiculous amount for to have a rebuilt crappy one.

plus im not ready to leave my 6thgen behind yet...im planning to take this car to the top

6thgens FTW!!!!

Ric Rock

Reaction score
NICE!!! Keep us updated of your progress once you start...im starting up this project hopefully to have it done by the end of summer/early fall. do you know where your gonna get your parts from yet?

i am going to start saving up this summer for this project. good luck with ur swap bro!

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
If the shop is doing the work for $900 it will not cost you $1600 in parts if you shop smart you can find everything you need for about $600-$700 it all depends but $1k max for parts

turbocayenne

Reaction score
$2500 is a rip off man. what tranny r u gonna get? get h23 tranny or h22 tranny. if u go with h23 tranny, contact ken a.k.a NASOHC or AFAccord

Back