Car appears to want to shut off when I brake...

drifthobo

Reaction score
Try to clean and replace the iacv gasket. There is a diy thread for it. Apparently that helps solve the problem with the engine stuttering and shutting off. I have to do this soon too when I have the time.

sodaks2k

Reaction score
Just for the hell of it check your battery cables too. I doubt it with what you are describing, but it just may be.

BatMan

Reaction score
Just for the hell of it check your battery cables too. I doubt it with what you are describing, but it just may be.
Checked that too at Autozone. They said nothing.

I also just realized I haven't had a battery in my alarm for a while; I can lock / unlock it ONCE all day but that's about it before the batter dies.

So I just bought batteries, air filter (it was dirty so I might as well buy it before I forget again), carb cleaner and coolant (car had no f'ing coolant, just realized, god I'm an idiot).

BatMan

Reaction score
DO NOT put the green stuff in it. Use only Honda blue coolant.

great....just put a little...i would say half a glass...?
why is that? why wouldn't the guy at autozone tell me that? so know I just spent $10 for nothing?

sodaks2k

Reaction score

BatMan

Reaction score

BatMan

Reaction score
HELP PLEASE!

How did you guys unscrew the bottom screw??? It was too difficult so I stopped...but now when I turn on my car the "Check Engine" light comes on PLUS now it's turning off on me even more, it did it this morning on the way to work right before I got off the freeway.

Back