Car appears to want to shut off when I brake...

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
HELP PLEASE!

How did you guys unscrew the bottom screw??? It was too difficult so I stopped...but now when I turn on my car the "Check Engine" light comes on PLUS now it's turning off on me even more, it did it this morning on the way to work right before I got off the freeway.

Did u ever get a chance to check the IACV......?

BatMan

Reaction score
Did u ever get a chance to check the IACV......?
No I couldn't, the bottom screw was on too tight.

All I was able to do was take the first screw off, the one that is visible, I tried after for 2 hours to take off the bottom one but with no luck. So I put everything back: the top screw, the intake, everything. BUT now when I turn on the car the "Check Engine" light stays on AND it under idles faster now and turns off faster as well.

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
No I couldn't, the bottom screw was on too tight.

All I was able to do was take the first screw off, the one that is visible, I tried after for 2 hours to take off the bottom one but with no luck. So I put everything back: the top screw, the intake, everything. BUT now when I turn on the car the "Check Engine" light stays on AND it under idles faster now and turns off faster as well.

I would definitely get that checked......first.....i had the same symptoms..car turned off on me on the freeway and everything.....

had my gasket replaced on the IACV...havent had any problems since..

good luck to you...if thats what it is....or if ur not sure...id take it to a mechanic bro....its not safe with ur car turnin off on you all the time...

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol it has to be bad spark plugs, dirty butterfly, dirty iacv, maybe fitv. its either one or all 4 lol. :afro:

BatMan

Reaction score
FINALLY GOT IT DONE!!!!

But the Valve was a ***** to take off, no way in hell was I going to be able to pull off all those hoses. My girlfriend told me to reuse the same gasket because the old one still looked new...she's crazy...right? hahaha.

BatMan

Reaction score
I hate my car.

It keeps under idling ALL the time now. But I realized it happens more when I have less than half a tank of gas, it goes to 500 RPM's and shakes like crazy then the car sounds like someone stepped on the gas and comes up to 750 RPM's.

It hasn't turned off on me while driving, BUT it did turn off on me while I was stopped at a light and I turned on my A/C. WHY?

Also, the check engine light stays on.

juicebox00

Reaction score
I hate my car.

It keeps under idling ALL the time now. But I realized it happens more when I have less than half a tank of gas, it goes to 500 RPM's and shakes like crazy then the car sounds like someone stepped on the gas and comes up to 750 RPM's.

It hasn't turned off on me while driving, BUT it did turn off on me while I was stopped at a light and I turned on my A/C. WHY?

Also, the check engine light stays on.

i suggest taking it in and having it looked at. or at least rent a code reader from autozone and figuring out what code is poping up. we have a list for every code on the site and what the problem is related to it

BatMan

Reaction score
SHUT OFF on me while going about 15 MPH in a small street...wtf.

Took it to autzone to test the battery, they said it needed charging...maybe that is the problem? Because everytime it turns off its at random points...stopped at a light...driving 60 MPH...when the A/C turned on...driving 15 MPH...I couldn't charget it because they were closing but I'm going today. Hopefully that is it.

Back