Brake pads

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
:eh: wuts wrong with getting new pads? :jae:

well wat do brake pads do......bite down on the rotors......rotors u can always get resurfaced....brake pads.....well u gotta get new brake pads....so the logic in gettin brake pads and not new rotors is like changing ur car oil and not changin the filter.....

if ur already goin to work on the brake pads might as well get ur rotors done too at the same time so they wear out evenly.....instead of one before the other.....which is redundant.....

exactly. when you do pads, usually you either get new rotors, or at least have the ones on the car resurfaced.....if theyre still thick enough to have that done.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
If you have soft pads, generally OEM, not hard on the brakes and change them before the metal clip starts squeaking. You might be able to get away with not surfacing rotors. You need to measure them and make sure they are not out of spec.

I changed my brake pads in my avalon without surfacing my rotors because I did it early and the pads before it were OEM and soft. I also dont break hard. 5,000 miles later, still no shimmies or vibrations breaking at high speeds.

It could be different with hondas, my avalon front discs are huge. Bottom line though, if you got the time, just get them surfaced. If its an emergencie, its better to replace the pads than nothing at all. I replaced mine before making a big trip to san diego and I did not have time to wait until a machine shop was open monday morning.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
so the logic in gettin brake pads and not new rotors is like changing ur car oil and not changin the filter.....
roy! :lawl:

but yeah...no point in getting new pads without touching the rotors...pointless. if your rotors are pitted, it'll just wear the new pads unevenly as well, making them less effective ("glazing"). if you need new pads, just pony up and get new rotors. do it once, do it right.

channel locks work brilliantly for the fronts. a genuine pair is like $40 so youre better off with a made in china c-clamp.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
so dont get them. take off your stock ones, take them to a shop and ask them to resurface them, if they can be resurfaced.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
if it cost more than 100 for both ima be mad cuz i can pay another 100 for new 2 front rotors... :jae:

Back