Recommended Oil

turbo_911

Reaction score
Your funny dude, have you seen the difference of how a fram and honda filter look inside? Just because fram manufactures them, doesnt mean they dont go by honda's quality guidelines. Ive been using genuine for my honda since my car had 20k with no issues thus far at 113k.

Its common sense, honda builds the best 4 cylinders in the world, they use mobile 1 oil as their genuine honda oil, but they pair it with a fram filter?? :eh: ok..

And BTW, I have been using fram filters in my other two cars. My nissan with almost 300,000 miles has always had fram filters in the last 8 years. My toyota avalon has always had fram filters in the last 4 years.
In fact, all my cars run perfect because im keen on changing my oil every 2,500-3,000 miles.

I admit, they arent the best filter in the world, they dont have a long life span, but they do their job within the recommend mileage and do just fine as long as u change ur oil when your supposed to.

Id like to know why u think honda filters are so crappy and why fram filters are harmful to engines.

Have you seen how honda and fram filter looks like? I have they are EXACTLY the same... if you don't believe buy em and open up and check it out for yourself. Also you can go to acurazine and check there, there are pics posted...

and i'm not saying fram is crap, just pointing out fram makes honda oil filter, i even asked tech guy at honda. they said you can by regular fram filter, its the same thing...

though i never liked fram filters, they look cheap and made cheap lol.

Last edited:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
In the three years I had my car, I always changed the oil with whatever was on sale at Discount Auto Parts. Usually some Castrol 5-30 and a Fram filter. Never had any problems or complaints. I think it's completely unnecessary for people to be spending $40 for five quarts of RP to put in their Accord with bolt on's. If you're running a built FI or NA setup, fine, I probably would too. Otherwise save you money kids.

I run Synthetic now in the TL, but still, I buy whatever the "Oil Change Special" is at the auto parts store. Last time it was a PureOne Filter and five quarts of Syntec for $25.

cajun

Reaction score
It can be argued all day whether it's good/bad, but it's a fact that the Honda OEM oil filter is made by Fram (a division of Honeywell).

I used Fram filters for many years with no problems before reading a few oil filter reviews/comparisons. They aren't garbage, but there are better filters for the same or a little more money.

ejreams

Reaction score
Talking oil and filters is like talking politics and god.

In my opinion it truely doesn't matter, what brand you use, if your not running a race car.

As long as you change both every 3-5k miles.

I do mine every 3k I have 197,000 miles.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol i always buy the 15 bucks special. 5 qt and a filter. i buy the gtx castrol with fram filter haha. :lolrun:

Drift

Reaction score
royal purple filter and oil....:badger:

Thats the worst oil Ive ever used. Nothing but valve noises from every engine Ive ever heard running it.

Highly recommend AGAINST royal purple anything.

-my $.02

Motul is great oil, Castrol Syntec, Valvoline, and Ive never had any issues with Mobil 1 either.

Back