Euro R CL-1 SWAP

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Well the connectors are similar OBD2B but the EK9 is a B series motor so I'm thinking that there will be a lot of adjustments and tuning to make it work right. Are you sure the hesitation that you are experiencing is a "known" and "common" issue and not something wrong with your O2 sensors or possibly pinout issues? It sounds serious enough to be not normal...

Could be a pinout issue as everything else has been tried to eliminate the problem. It's been said that the 2002 Euro R ECU resolved the problem..... but my mate tried one in his car and it still suffered the hesitation / bogging.
So far things done to try resolve the problem are:
Replaced - HT Leads, o2 Sensor, Spark Plugs, Knock Sensor, Map Sensor, Air Filter, Fuel Filter Bag, PCV Valve
Removed - Cat Converter, EGR Valve (Has Been Blanked and bolted back on so no CEL)
Cleaned - Inlet Manifold, EGR Port Plate, Throttle Body, etc.

I know you're prolly thinking I got a dud, but there's at least 20 people with SiR-T / Euro R's that I talk to regularly and they all suffer the same issues.
EK9 ECU or reverting back to OBD1 with Hondata is my last resort.

lithiumus

Reaction score
You can also try a PDE ECU which is the closest ECU to the Euro R. The PDE is the EDM ATR ECU. It's got an immobilizer but I can help you with that, PM me.

Does the EK9 run a 3 wire IACV and vacuum controlled EGR? (then again, you've removed all the EGR parts anyway).

GlassJAw

Reaction score
PDE requires an extra o2 sensor to be installed and the EGR replumbed, but could be the way to go..... I don't think the JDM EK9 runs an EGR system..... but then again I could be wrong.

So with all this being said...... when is the swap likely to take place FunnyVictor??
I'm interested in seeing if you have the same problem, I'm starting to wonder if it's just a difference in petrol causing the problem....

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
well next week i'm going to my buddy's and play with the pins like lithiumus suggested ... if all goes well i should be starting the swap by the end of this month ...

now power steering ... euro r has electronic power steering ... so do i need to get a pump and bracket, and pulley from a regular h22 and mate the h22 pump to f23 hose or can i use it off my f23?

Last edited:

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Don't quote me on this.... but I think you need to use the bracket off a USDM H22A4 and use a "little" bit of force to make the F23 Pump work..... alternatively you can run the H22A4 Power steering pump and modify the pipes to fit that.

lithiumus

Reaction score
PDE requires an extra o2 sensor to be installed and the EGR replumbed, but could be the way to go..... I don't think the JDM EK9 runs an EGR system..... but then again I could be wrong.

So with all this being said...... when is the swap likely to take place FunnyVictor??
I'm interested in seeing if you have the same problem, I'm starting to wonder if it's just a difference in petrol causing the problem....

I didn't know the PCD only had 1 o2 sensor but I thought the PDE and PCD use the same EGR. At least that's what I see on stock Euro R engine compartments.

GlassJAw

Reaction score
They run the same EGR / Inlet Manifold on the engine, just you can't blank off the EGR Valve on the Accord Type R's as the secondary o2 sensor picks it up and throws a CEL.
I think they have to run some electronic gadget that tricks the ECU into believing that the EGR is still running to remove it from the engine.

lithiumus

Reaction score
That makes sense. Though I would have thought that even a single O2 would pick up what the EGR is doing since it richens up the mixture. Maybe it's just that the JDM ECUs ignore it since I believe it's not true OBD2.

lithiumus

Reaction score
I put my PCD ECU in this weekend and it runs just fine. No hesitation of any sort and it's smooth throughout the power band. Part throttle and tip in are just fine and no hesitation at all. I may have an updated JDM ECU. My last 3 numbers are 014. The first revision was 002, then 004 and mine is 014. They may have corrected that issue in 014. What are the last 3 digits of your ECU?

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Bet you're excited to finally be putting this in the car Victor, have you got everything you think you will need??

Back