Euro R CL-1 SWAP

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
yes sir, i am very excited ... i've literally been waiting forever to do it ... i have everything ready to get the motor in and running [i hope lol] ... i figure i'll deal with the p/s and a/c later :rock:

ray01

Reaction score
if an h22 p/s pump can bolt up, then use that and weld the p/s line to your existing accord line and reuse your accord ac compressor and use the accord crank pulley

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Would advise doing the crank pulley swap (or at least loosen the crank pulley on the current engine) whilst the motor is still in the car. Guessing you're gonna loop the P/S until you get it all sorted??
Will need to bolt the A/C compressor on the side of the H22A-R even if you dont have a belt on it. Good luck Victor, keep us informed on how it goes!!

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Enough posting about car crashes outside your house.... I wanna know how the engine swap got on?:p

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
lol well of course it's just my luck ... sunday morning i woke up to a cloudy sky and drizzle ... i've had to postpone it until this coming weekend, hopefully it clears up by then ... it's still raining right now, it was actually hailing just a moment ago ... :ryan:

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Oh, I thought you were doing it in a garage...... weather does play a large part when doing it outdoors!

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
the weather is looking great, i start the swap tomorrow morning ... i have a few questions because i still don't know whether i should use my harness since both ecu's are obd2b or use the h22 harness and extend some wires here and there

1. the connectors for the dizzy are different from the f23 and h22 ... could i just swap dizzy's?

2. do i need to swap over the egr from f23 to h22

3. can i re-use my f23 radiator and heater hoses?

4. how many quarts of MTF does the T2W4 trans hold

anything else i should look out for?

Last edited:

GlassJAw

Reaction score
1. the connectors for the dizzy are different from the f23 and h22 ... could i just swap dizzy's?

2. do i need to swap over the egr from f23 to h22

3. can i re-use my f23 radiator and heater hoses?

4. how many quarts of MTF does the T2W4 trans hold

anything else i should look out for?

1. Could you use the Euro R item??

2. Use the one on the engine, it will be running on the Euro R ECU right??

3. Not sure on the hoses but the rad should in theory work (maybe smaller outlets??)

4. Don't know about quarts but the manual says it holds 2.5 litres (can post scans of the japanese written Owners manual if required??)

Engine holds 4.5 Litres and dependant on the ambiant temperature range can use anything from 5W-30 to a 20W-50 grade oil.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
-i got the ecu to run on the f23, the wire harness uses a ground wire to kill the fuel pump, hence "immobilizer" ... so i hard wired a ground straight from the battery to the pump

-f23 has been pulled and the h22 is in the car

-i'm using my f23 harness, so i have to add wires, extend, and what not

as far as the MTF ... 2.5 L = 2.64172 qt (US Liq) ... does that sound right?

i'm running the distributor that came with the euro r, but the distributor cap is broken ... i went to autozone and picked up a cap for an '01 prelude ... it wasn't the right one ... like our 6ga's, the euro r has an internal coil in the distributor ... usdm h22's are external ... so my question is what cap do i use? integra, civic?

Picture009.jpg

Picture008.jpg

here's a little eye candy

Picture007-3.jpg

Last edited:
Back