Holy expensive? Timing Belt Quote

9450erick

Reaction score
yeah i know thanx
thats a lot of money though lol
how hard is it to change the seals cause i think i can do everything else but never changed the seals before

TUBHMOOBVAJ

Reaction score
Any auto repair shop can do timing belt, waterpump and coollant belt for less than what your Honda dealership quoted. I got mine done for $503 and that included replacing the sealant. Before changing your belt, open your valve and check your belt. If there's not cracks on the belt, it's probably still good for 2-3 years.

thomasw333

Reaction score
I got my 6th gen at 150k, changed the belt at 160k, it was the original, actually everything on the car except the tires was original and the car ran great, other than the paint coming its been the perfect car.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I was quoted $900 and some change for everything. I bought the kit from TAS and a couple other parts for maybe 300-350. I took the parts to Honda and paid around $450 or so for the labor.

This maintenance interval ain't cheap, period.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
miles isn't everything... age (rubber deteriorates), idle time, and environment can all wear it down quicker too

ReggieReGGCG2

Reaction score
so i went by my mechanic today and he quoted me 350 with the OEM parts. honda dealerships are way too expensive for me.

SoCalAccord2000

Reaction score
TasAuto timing belt kit FTW. i did mine at 125k belt still looked brand new but just would squeek when i washed my car or it rained. i got quouted 650$ for timing belt and water pump and 400 in labor. i got all belts and water pump for like 180-190 and did myself with my dad. it was a PITA tho my car was from the eastcoast so the bolts were a major PITA.

luac

Reaction score
Off topic... but is there anyway that you can tell if the timing belt has been changed if I take it to a shop or somewhere?

Back