For people wanting to upgrade their strut bar

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
^Was gonna say. I paid like $45 for the RSB, bushings, and brackets from Curry Acura online. Then the Moogs were another $50.

Steven, this bar works with the Neuspeed 1-piece bar too, right? As in there is enough room around where they both mount to the strut tower for them to clear each other?

I'm pretty sure it does because the CL/TL sway bar uses the bottom two bolts and the neuspeed strut bar uses the top 2 and there is a eibach strut bar that uses the their bolt.

I'm sure people with the combo will shine in.

There is a few member who has this combo, ill search them up.

Juicebox00
2011-11-13_14-35-43_3541.jpg

Jdmgear eibach strut bar that he is selling
d7093610.jpg

That's the other one they make, seems pairable with the OEM 2ed gen TL/CL bar because it uses the other bolt that the one piece design doesn't use.

Edit: I just noticed with that bar it has a different design compared to the other neuspeed strut bar, seems like it has to be lower/higher because it sits closer to the motor as the other one sits closer to the firewall. Sorry if I don't make sense, but the design looks different of you pair it with the OEM bar.

Last edited:

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Was 99% sure on that, but...noob.

If you want to pair it get the neuspeed strut bar, jdmgear has the eibach strut bar for sale and he says it fits with the oem TL/CL bar, but I havent seen anyone use them together. The design of the eibach seems like it wouldn't have room for the CL/TL bar to be mounted unless it sits higher/lower than the CL/TL bar.

I can be wrong about the eibach bar though.

Edit: it looks like they will be compatible, the eibach will sit closer as the CL/TL bar will sit further.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Well I have the Neuspeed bar now, same one as Juicebox's actually. Just wasn't sure if any of the mountings ran into each other. I guess if they did you could grind the TL/CL bar down or something.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Well I have the Neuspeed bar now, same one as Juicebox's actually. Just wasn't sure if any of the mountings ran into each other. I guess if they did you could grind the TL/CL bar down or something.

If i could remember correctly, it is a very tight fit. I think there was a thread on driveaccord that they pretty much sit side by side touch each other.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13006

That thread pretty much explains on the TL/CL strut bar combo

Last edited:

Bax

Reaction score
Did anyone else have to force their cl/tl bar to fit? I had to halfway thread on the firewall side nuts, then force it down onto the strut bolts and thread the nuts on halfway, then do each one little by little just to make sure everything was even..

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
fitment with tl/cusco. I tried to fit a replica cusco before and i could only fit one side in while the tl bar was already in.

DSC01045.jpg

DSC01046-1.jpg

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Did anyone else have to force their cl/tl bar to fit? I had to halfway thread on the firewall side nuts, then force it down onto the strut bolts and thread the nuts on halfway, then do each one little by little just to make sure everything was even..

Yeah, its not too uncommon. People often jack up the car and the strut bar(s) have an easier time going on. And obviously you could also drop one of your tophats to give the strutbar more clearance over the bolt threads if it's that much of an issue.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
fitment with tl/cusco. I tried to fit a replica cusco before and i could only fit one side in while the tl bar was already in.

DSC01045.jpg

DSC01046-1.jpg

I really like the Cusco bar, and it goes with the colour scheme I am looking to do....maybe one day I will make the switch.

Bax

Reaction score
Yeah, its not too uncommon. People often jack up the car and the strut bar(s) have an easier time going on. And obviously you could also drop one of your tophats to give the strutbar more clearance over the bolt threads if it's that much of an issue.

Ahh okay, I was wondering if I was the only one and I was dumb or got a warped strut bar or something. haha
Isn't it better to torque down the strut bar when the car is on the ground though? I think I read that somewhere, but I can't recall 100%. :thinking:

Back