For people wanting to upgrade their strut bar

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
neuspeed and cl/tl combo looks the best IMO (matching tubular design) and they seem to be more rugged due to their one piece design.

CG2

Reaction score
So... is there any actual handling benefits to having these installed?

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
So... is there any actual handling benefits to having these installed?

Tyler (TheBax) loves his so far.

Ill let you know next thursday when my bar comes in. I know an empty place where i can do some wide open turns with no one there.

CG2

Reaction score
Tyler (TheBax) loves his so far.

Ill let you know next thursday when my bar comes in. I know an empty place where i can do some wide open turns with no one there.
From wiki:

A strut bar, strut brace, or strut tower brace (STB) is a mostly aftermarket car suspension accessory usually used in conjunction with MacPherson struts on monocoque or unibody chassis to provide extra stiffness between the strut towers.
With a MacPherson strut suspension system where the spring and shock absorber are combined in the one suspension unit, the entire vertical suspension load is transmitted to the top of the vehicle's strut tower, unlike a double wishbone suspension where the spring and shock absorber may share the load separately.

Our accords have double wishbones suspensions, so I have no idea how these will help with anything lol.

Last edited:

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
I'll let you know when i install mine.

Also you might not notice much on stock suspensions, but if you have some sort of coilovers or spring strut combo, pretty sure they will make a huge difference.

I don't know what wish bones are, but if they are the two things that connect to your strut tower to the firewall then the new strut bar also replaces those because they have their own.

Last edited:

CG2

Reaction score
MultivsDoubleA.jpg

Double wishbone is also the reason we have natural camber gain when lowering the car. Macphersons don't have that.

Last edited:

CG2

Reaction score
Uhh it helps chassis flex duh. Noobs.
No it doesn't. Unless you do some heavy reinforcing to it. With a double wishbone suspension, there is no load between the strut towers for a strut brace to "brace"...

Last edited:

Bax

Reaction score
I put mine on when I installed my rear sway bar and endlinks, so I have no clue how much it helps on its own. I've been told though that it's not much of a difference.

CG2, not saying you're wrong, but then tell me why cars come with strut bracing then?
The acura cl and tl came with these that we put on our cars (obviously, lol), and our cars come from the factory with the strut towers connected to the firewall. Would that be there if Honda didn't think it helped? We all know Honda wasn't "splurging" when they made the 6th gens. :lawl:

edit: I'm not trying to say a strut bar makes the car's handling go from blue whale to race car quality. I just don't think they're completely useless like you're trying to say.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
No it doesn't. Unless you do some heavy reinforcing to it. With a double wishbone suspension, there is no load between the strut towers for a strut brace to "brace"...
The answer to this is...

I put mine on when I installed my rear sway bar and endlinks, so I have no clue how much it helps on its own. I've been told though that it's not much of a difference.

CG2, not saying you're wrong, but then tell me why cars come with strut bracing then?
The acura cl and tl came with these that we put on our cars (obviously, lol), and our cars come from the factory with the strut towers connected to the firewall. Would that be there if Honda didn't think it helped? We all know Honda wasn't "splurging" when they made the 6th gens. :lawl:

edit: I'm not trying to say a strut bar makes the car's handling go from blue whale to race car quality. I just don't think they're completely useless like you're trying to say.

This.

Yup because honda is so generous that they throw in extra parts for the hell of it. I almost forgot that having a double wishbone means that our chassis are indestructibly solid when hitting hard corners. My bad.

Last edited:
Back