For people wanting to upgrade their strut bar

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
No, strut tower bracing DOES make a difference in the Accords... and anyone who has done it knows this. No need to listen to a guy who apparently hasn't installed one himself and would rather claim "but it's a double wishbone! it won't make any difference!"

Chassis flex is chassis flex. And it exists in every design to a certain extent. Some just much more than others.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
It makes a whole difference. Not going to lie, with then making 45mph turns on 60 degree turns my tire would screech a lot, now it seems the two front tires stays on the ground and feels a lot more in place with each other.

Sure it won't be a drastic improvement to over having suspension work done, but what ever helps make my car a more enjoyable ride then so be it.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I am hoping the UR braces that I plan to get will really improve the handling alot as well.

CG2

Reaction score
No, strut tower bracing DOES make a difference in the Accords... and anyone who has done it knows this. No need to listen to a guy who apparently hasn't installed one himself and would rather claim "but it's a double wishbone! it won't make any difference!"
They're called strut braces because they were designed for cars with Macpherson strut suspension, but don't listen to me, I don't install things based on hearsay :boo:

Anyway glad to know you guys feel a difference. Hopefully it's not a placebo effect.

I am hoping the UR braces that I plan to get will really improve the handling alot as well.
Looking forward to your review!

Last edited:

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Didn't mean to be an a-hole, you just seemed so adamant on it having no effect. From my own experience, it made a difference. And many others can also back that claim.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
They're called strut braces because they were designed for cars with Macpherson strut suspension, but don't listen to me, I don't install things based on hearsay :boo:

Anyway glad to know you guys feel a difference. Hopefully it's not a placebo effect.

Looking forward to your review!

It's not, I have the double strut bar setup, and it made a huge difference. The Cusco lower tie bar doesn't really make much of a difference, out of the usual upgrades that are done.

As for the UR goods, absolutely will have a review, I will be getting the underbody brace(same one that WHEEELMAN has), the fender braces, the rear strut brace and the rear underbody brace.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^I was thinking of getting that underbody brace as well since I’m not that low. How much are they going for?

What’s a fender brace?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
accordcf4fenderbar.jpg

The front brace is about $170.

CG2

Reaction score
It's not, I have the double strut bar setup, and it made a huge difference. The Cusco lower tie bar doesn't really make much of a difference, out of the usual upgrades that are done.

As for the UR goods, absolutely will have a review, I will be getting the underbody brace(same one that WHEEELMAN has), the fender braces, the rear strut brace and the rear underbody brace.
Thank you! Finally someone will take the plunge. I'll be making the same upgrades if they prove useful, since I plan to road race at NJMP in a year or so. You'll be doing the community a huge favor reviewing those parts. :peace:

As to the strut bar, I'll have to check it out then. Don't blame me for being skeptical, I'm just looking for solid answers.

BTW, if I drop the Kframe 3/4", would the 4 point still fit?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Good point. I forgot, Derek my subframe is lowered 5/8". Where does the underbody brace mount?

And were you saying the underbody brace is $170? You said front brace above.

Back