For people wanting to upgrade their strut bar

Mikey

Reaction score
I thought STBs helped eliminate body roll...? :lawl:

And let's not forget the Placebo Effect. You know you put the brace on, you THINK it'll handle better, therefore, when you go to drive it, you THINK it feels different. You'd have to let someone install it without your knowledge to truly feel any difference, if at all.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^RSB eliminates body roll. Strut bars only increase rigidity.

Not sure what I think of the fender braces though.

CG2

Reaction score
I thought STBs helped eliminate body roll...? :lawl:

And let's not forget the Placebo Effect. You know you put the brace on, you THINK it'll handle better, therefore, when you go to drive it, you THINK it feels different. You'd have to let someone install it without your knowledge to truly feel any difference, if at all.
Or you can do an autoX run with it and without it. You should be able to tell right away if it does anything useful. I've also said before, I'd rather not put extra weight on the front end unless it's worth it; it's detrimental to the already terrible weight bias(60:40 F:R).

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Yeah you do, lol. Like when you commented on me JUST getting around to the LED interior...you're JUST getting around to getting a thicker RSB. :lawl:

Even with stock suspension, a thicker RSB makes a big difference.

CG2

Reaction score
^Yeah you do, lol. Like when you commented on me JUST getting around to the LED interior...you're JUST getting around to getting a thicker RSB. :lawl:

Funny thing, I was watching a youtube vid of a time attack GTI, and it was running a 28mm rear sway :wtf1:

Mikey

Reaction score

Priorities, man. :ohyou:

Funny thing, I was watching a youtube vid of a time attack GTI, and it was running a 28mm rear sway :wtf1:
Yowzers!

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Thank you! Finally someone will take the plunge. I'll be making the same upgrades if they prove useful, since I plan to road race at NJMP in a year or so. You'll be doing the community a huge favor reviewing those parts. :peace:

As to the strut bar, I'll have to check it out then. Don't blame me for being skeptical, I'm just looking for solid answers.

BTW, if I drop the Kframe 3/4", would the 4 point still fit?

^Good point. I forgot, Derek my subframe is lowered 5/8". Where does the underbody brace mount?

And were you saying the underbody brace is $170? You said front brace above.

It was Michael who actually got me interested in the braces, and I volunteered to try out several of the different braces.

The accuracy of my review may be put into question, since I have a fairly significant audio system, but I am hoping the J35 will balance the weight distribution out a bit. Not 100% sure that it weighs more than the J30. I also want to get the GC's on the car at the same time as the UR braces, but we'll see, I may have to do a pre/post GC + Koni Yellow review.

UR Front Lower Brace

Michael's subframe is lowered as well, and the brace still fits. His thread details the mounting points.

The front lower(underbody) brace is $170.

Last edited:

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
For a Time Attack car 28mm RSB sounds about right.

Hell, a 24mm RSB feels great on the very-much-not-race-prepped Accord.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
So I installed my neuspeed strut with my CL/TL strut yesterday, I must say over stock it made a whole lot difference. If someone had a lowered car on coils with no strut bar upgrade and drove my car, im sure they will feel a difference big time.

Back