Another autotragic down...

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
After owning the car for 30,000 miles and 2 1/2 years, the transmission is pretty close to dead and one one the engine mount broke (im guessing because of heavy vibrations).

I'm in the market for another 6thgen sedan, but this time 5 speed and a different color.

Found some for a good price locally and will probably check them out soon.

Planning on transfering all my aftermarket parts to the new car and replacing the current car with all stock parts and either posting the car up for a mechanical special or sell it to pick and pull, I don't have the time to replace the trans and mount.

After viewing the car history, I dont want to dump more money into it especislly if it is an automatic.

-body has 280k+ miles, motor has 118k has been into 3 reported accidents and had about 6-7 previous owners.

I would like another 6thgen manual, but also looking into the 99-03 Acura TL.

Just thought I would like to share with the 6thgen fam.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Man... I'm sorry to hear this... (Especially seeing your car's progress to this date.) Everybody has different circumstances so I'm with you wherever your decisions go. Hopefully you'll be able to find the mint one w/ manual. (Just curious, but what color do you have in your mind?) I wish you good luck with your hunting.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Man... I'm sorry to hear this... (Especially seeing your car's progress to this date.) Everybody has different circumstances so I'm with you wherever your decisions go. Hopefully you'll be able to find the mint one w/ manual. (Just curious, but what color do you have in your mind?) I wish you good luck with your hunting.

Thanks.

Pretty much some lighter colors, maybe white, ssm, or granny gold.

Would love the EX model and sunroof also.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I see. Lighter colors are sometimes difficult to have them paintmatched, but they'll have less swirl marks. Also, clearcoats seem to be more durable than darker colored Accords, too.

I suppose looking for a mint 6gen in CA shouldn't be too hard to find. (Very tough to find ones on sale over here in WA, though I see many on roads.)

I don't know this is entirely true or not, but since the tax season is arount the corner, many ppl will hold of themselves from buying stuff (less competitors for you) and people will likely to sell their stuff to cope with their tax / finance situations (more choices of cars available for you). Thus, this could be a good time to hunt for a car.

I'd personaly want you to get SSM, b/c you know why. ;)

Last edited:

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
I see. Lighter colors are sometimes difficult to have them paintmatched, but they'll have less swirl marks. Also, clearcoats seem to be more durable than darker colored Accords, too.

I suppose looking for a mint 6gen in CA shouldn't be too hard to find. (Very tough to find ones on sale over here in WA, though I see many on roads.)

I don't know this is entirely true or not, but since the tax season is arount the corner, many ppl will hold of themselves from buying stuff (less competitors for you) and people will likely to sell their stuff to cope with their tax / finance situations (more choices of cars available for you). Thus, this could be a good time to hunt for a car.

I'd say look for SSM, b/c you know why. ;)

Perfect time to go looking for a car too haha. Suck though becausr I had big plans with thus car, but I don't love it anymore.

Paint isn't a big issue foe lighter car, darker car gets dirty to quickly and youll notice every blemish esp the sun spots. The lighter color car usually has better oem paint longitivity if it was well taken care of.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Steven my heart sank when I read that initially, but then you said you were getting another one and transferring your mods over. So actually I think this will be a good thing, even though it’s still an inconvenience. Good luck with the search, you will be happier with a manual. ;)

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
I wouldn't bother with the tl, in the long run you'll just end up in the same situation you are now. 5 speed 4cyl is where its at. Good thing your transfering the mods. I'd do the same

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
02 ex 5spd SSM, swap front bumper with 00 SSM and transfer your mods. Thats what I would do. :thumbsup:

Sucks to hear but I have been through this too. ;)

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Steven my heart sank when I read that initially, but then you said you were getting another one and transferring your mods over. So actually I think this will be a good thing, even though it’s still an inconvenience. Good luck with the search, you will be happier with a manual. ;)

Thanks Chris! It's just something about these Accords that I enjoy so much, not the best cars to mod, but the type of body style that is very appealing to the eyes.

I wouldn't bother with the tl, in the long run you'll just end up in the same situation you are now. 5 speed 4cyl is where its at. Good thing your transfering the mods. I'd do the same

The TL was just another car in mind, not very determined to getting one after knowing their transmission is just as bad. Just wanted to be able to swap majority of my parts another car and vise versa. The 5 speed will be way better and last longer than these auto matics

02 ex 5spd SSM, swap front bumper with 00 SSM and transfer your mods. Thats what I would do. :thumbsup:

Sucks to hear but I have been through this too. ;)

Haha, I would rather get a sedan. Any color would work, but I want to try and stay with a lighter tone. I can probably replace all the suspensions/audio/bolt ons in a day or two.

Back