Another autotragic down...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Wiring-wise - I would ask him what he did to trick the ECU, what he did to enable reverse lock out/reverse lights/limp mode, as well as general wiring for the transmission.

Fab-wise – I would ask him how he went about mounting the master cylinder, clutch pedal, brake pedal, and clutch lines. Also since he used the 7GA tranny, you should ask him how he went about modifying the shifter arm so that the shift pattern wasn’t backwards. (pulling toward you for 1st).

Overall it would be a good idea to ask him who did the swap, how long ago it was done, and see if he documented it or still has the parts list, etc. He should also tell you what clutch/flywheel/shift box/shifter lines/clutch lines/pedals he used.

You may also want to ask him other questions, like if he was able to keep the cruise control.

If he seems offstandish or doesn’t know much of the above…I would be hesitant.

Not trying to scare you or anything, a 6spd 6GA is a great car, but the swap has to be clean and as OEM-like as possible.

Last edited:

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
^Wiring-wise - I would ask him what he did to trick the ECU, what he did to enable reverse lock out/reverse lights/limp mode, as well as general wiring for the transmission.

Fab-wise – I would ask him how he went about mounting the master cylinder, clutch pedal, brake pedal, and clutch lines. Also since he used the 7GA tranny, you should ask him how he went about modifying the shifter arm so that the shift pattern wasn’t backwards. (pulling toward you for 1st).

Overall it would be a good idea to ask him who did the swap, how long ago it was done, and see if he documented it or still has the parts list, etc. He should also tell you what clutch/flywheel/shift box/shifter lines/clutch lines/pedals he used.

You may also want to ask him other questions, like if he was able to keep the cruise control.

If he seems offstandish or doesn’t know much of the above…I would be hesitant.

Not trying to scare you or anything, a 6spd 6GA is a great car, but the swap has to be clean and as OEM-like as possible.

Thanks Chris! Big help and look for a rep your way.

Just sent him a text and see what he responds.

LeAccord

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your current car, but I'm glad you're looking to continue with another CG ! Current talks about a 6-6 is sweet!

If you do meet up with him to discuss the car and whatnot.. If its not suspicious, maybe you could record the conversation while you ask questions about the car and then post it up for us to listen. Idk, I'm just thinking of this in case you don't know exactly everything he is talking about and you could post it up for guys like Chris that'll understand 6 speed swap talk .. :lawl:

Good luck, Steven !

619rcr

Reaction score
So.... there's a 98 v6 dep sedan for $3,500 144k miles, that has tien coils, wings west front lip, and is about a 3hr drive for me.

Oh did I mention it has the 03 V6 6 speed swap?

Pretty much can transfer most of my taillights, trunk, rocker panels, etc.

Any problems you guys think I should look for besides the cel?

Doesn't the 03 have the same J30 V6 as an 02? And isn't the 6spd swap pretty common now. If you are in a state with emissions, I would buy or borrow a scanner & look for codes and verify all the monitors/drivecycle tests pass. Anyone can clear a code before they sell a car, but if all the drivecycle tests have passed, It means the car really has no codes. I agree v6 6spds are hard to find, but in my case I've been looking at 7th gen and 8th gens, too expensive in my opinion. I'd rather mod mine.

Last edited:

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Doesn't the 03 have the same V6 as an 02? J30 right? How would you be able to verify its legitamently swapped?

03-07 models v6 came with a differeny J30, I think the J30a2? I can't remember the engine codes.

If I test drive the car on the freeway without it being in limp mode, reverse lights, reverse goes in correctly, and doesn't have any problems; I would consider it a lgit swap. He sent me pictures of the engine bay and interior also.

They are pretty common now but they still cost a pretty penny to find parts and if you don't have time to install it labor is gonna be a *****. Probably when I get there ill just have him meet me up at an autozone or auto parts store and have them scan for the codes.

If im correct, I dont think anyone has done a true manual conversion with the 6thgens im sure most of the 6 speed members here does havr a CEL.

Ill have to find a hot smog to pass.

Last edited:

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Check it all out n if it seems cool Jump on that u could it care of the lil stuff later

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Well now, you get yourself in to a 5spd or a 6spd TL, and you'll have a good day.

Sucks about the tranny, but at least you can sell the car and get something out of it to go towards the new one.

gt58

Reaction score
r32%20gtr.jpg

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Well now, you get yourself in to a 5spd or a 6spd TL, and you'll have a good day.

Sucks about the tranny, but at least you can sell the car and get something out of it to go towards the new one.

Yes. Im gonna pass up on that 6-6 sedan. Not into buying someone elses project and they not knowing anything about it.

my car is better :jae:

Yes it is :)

Are you saying I should buy a R32!? I would love one lol.

so some good news i guess... im gonna just change the car back to stock and see if i can sell the car then. Not gonna go back to th 6thgen, my mom said she will help me out with sone payment if i buy a newer car, i guess it is time for an upgrade. Maybe a TSX, S2000, miata, or a 3rd gen 6sp TL like ive always wanted.

Look forward to a partout soon guys, no dibs until i start posting FS items

Back