Well, so much for that

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Coming home from a friends house late Saturday/early Sunday morning. And before anyways asks, no, wasn't drinking/drunk etc. Anyways, coming home on the highway minding my own business, another car clips the rear end of my car, leaving me no choice but to take an exit to my left. I never saw them.

I hit the guard rail on my left side, my head hits the window, I black out, it bounces back right, hits the other guard rail/barrier which wakes me up and I managed to regain control of the car. Eye is bleeding, I have a massive headache, and manage to pull it off the highway at the next exit into a gas station.

Everything is kind of a blur after this b/c I had/have a pretty serious concussion. Some police were already there b/c that's where they fill up. They ask me out of the car as I'm trying to see out of one eye. I walk around the car, sorta explain to them what happened. Sheriff's show up (its technically their turf). EMS comes, do nothing for my bleeding eye, just had me some guaze and an ice pack and ask a few questions. I refuse transport b/c...well..who needs a $600 ambulance ride to one of the worst hospitals around.

They tow my car, no one issues me any kind of citation, has me sign anything, etc. Right as all they all leave, my phone dies, so now I have no ride home and no way to get a hold of anyone. Guys at the gas station get me some water. While later I passed out next to the gas station in the grass near the back for a few hours. Tried walking to a friends house up the road who ended up not being home, passed out again trying to walk back to the gas station. Finally got some passing motorist to stop and call EMS/Sheriff's again for me. Sheriff finally brought me home around 10am Sunday morning. Went to the ER about an hour later and was there till about 3 getting a CAT scan.

Here's some pics - car is totaled. I'm gonna see what I can save from it.

By the time I got home this is how I looked -

After showering -

Next day -

Last edited:

chaby_91

Reaction score
It seems to me like that was a pretty severe crash. It's a sad day for both you and your subaru. Anyway, I'm glad to hear you're (mostly) alright. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Last edited:

cmgreensr

Reaction score
That's a horrible night that handled all wrong. Sorry about your car but thankfully overall you are ok. Speedy recovery man!

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
dang... crazy tht u passed out so many times... hope everything turns out fine

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sounds like a nightmare man. I think you probably should have gotten to the hospital earlier, concussions are no joke. But hope your health is in good order, and sorry about the car.

Sucks that the instigator can't be held responsible.

Varnell

Reaction score
This blows. I just recently had my car totaled through no fault of my own. It stings, but it's kinda nice to start over since none of us really intend to finish our project.

The behavior of the EMTs and sheriff sounds strange, though.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm doing well so far, head still feels weird, doc told me to take off work till Monday. My eye is turning yellow, lol.

As far as the ems and sheriff's go, I thought the same thing through the whole ordeal even though I was semi out of it. When I did get to the ER finally, the staff there forgot to give me a shot too, never uploaded any info to my doctor (they're in the same network)...so yea...who knows.

danmccormick87

Reaction score
Glad to hear your alive, and sucks to hear about the car :( Hopefully something comes from this in a positive manner.

Back