Halo Headlights

HillACCORD

Reaction score
alright, ive almost got enough money and i would like to change the headlights on my 98 sedan. I hear that "Halo" headlights are bad....why...are they bad...and whats the difference between TYC headlights and just halo ones off of ebay.. i would appreciate the imput...the thing is i dont want to throw my headlights in the oven...if i screwd up id be screwed...so thats not an option

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Here is a pic of my halo (angel-eyes) headlights. I love them so much I don't know why people say they're bad.

DSC08009.jpg

SykVSyx

Reaction score
The Halo headlights output is terrible. The TYC's have better output, you can get one with an HID kit if you rather go with a projector headlight.

Another option may be to save up a bit more and pick up a complete retrofit that someone is selling. There are quite a few for sale either on here or on v6performance.net.

HillACCORD

Reaction score
The Halo headlights output is terrible. The TYC's have better output, you can get one with an HID kit if you rather go with a projector headlight.

Another option may be to save up a bit more and pick up a complete retrofit that someone is selling. There are quite a few for sale either on here or on v6performance.net.

what is the difference between retrofit and TYCs and halos?

pyaarawala

Reaction score
In order of how good they project:

1) Retrofit (Most $$)
2) TYC (Medium $$)
3) Halo (Low $$)

I still disagree about Halo's sucking at projecting. In my opinion it's great for the amount of money I paid for the headlights. And it looks cool too.

NINaudio

Reaction score
stock light output > ebay halo light output

I had them on my car for a month before I got tired of not seeing anything and went back to stock

Last edited:

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i have ebay projectors right now because my boy is re-blackhousing my stocks. let me tell you, i cannot see JACK. they are disgustingly bad.

go for TYCs or stay stock.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
The halo's aren't bad if you swap out the bulbs they come with and put in some brighter ones.

Out of the three options, the retro is the best, and of course the most money. You can always pick up a set of CCFL's for the retro, IMO, that is the best part of the ebay halo's, it is a cool look.

accordman1

Reaction score
I have had the halo projector headlights. I had them on for about 2 years or so then I had problem with the projector bulb flickering. It was bad wiring since when I moved it it would flicker then I had that fixed. Then I realized that they did not give off as much light. In the beginning they were fine and looked great. As I saw the TYC headlights on people's cars I liked them a lot more. I did front bumper swap and bought the tyc headlights this past summer. The first time I got on the highway following my friend's friend he said after we stopped he told me they were really bright. I ended up selling my halo projector headlights for like 100.00 and the person who I sold them to saw me one time and told me they were terrible output. The rings started to fade in them also. I put back my old stock ones until I had the money to buy the tyc's and even the stock ones were brighter output then the halo projectors. But the tyc's are worth it if you want after market lights that look nice. I might end up getting HID's in them just to get a lot brighter and look better.

Last edited:
Back