Help me out with your thoughts

NotoriousYogi

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm new to the 6th gen forums but this is exactly where I need to be. I am a J30, auto, supercharged. I'm looking at doing some massive power gains to my car and want to know what you guys think.

I want to sleeve, stronger pistons/rods, transmission swap to manual. I also want to push 400-500whp. Also, let me know if you think I should swap heads. The only gas I have in my area unfortunately is 91 octane. Let me know what you think. I want to be able to play with big V8 mustangs, chargers, cameros, etc.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
So you're already supercharged with the J30? If im correct your supercharger won't fit the J32 if you decide to swap.

You're best luck is to get a 6 speed transmission. I don't know if you'll be able to make 400-500whp with a supercharged J30 though.

NotoriousYogi

Reaction score
Yup, only this what they call "supreme grade" gas which is 91. :boohoo:

My engine is stock internals and only boosting at 6 psi. I want to boost minimal 15 psi but I want to build the engine first. Where should I start?
Is sleeve and boring the engine the same?
Will a J32 head fit and if so what should I use as far as pistons and rods?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
Where can I find a 6-speed transmission from or what car do I have to look at?

search pls

also, who wants a 400-500 whp FWD automatic accord? massive wheel hop and your auto tranny can't even properly put down the power to the ground

aim for a more reasonable power goal and just make your car a more fun car to drive in general

NotoriousYogi

Reaction score
In the end I plan on going insane and fabricate a RWD or AWD. This is why I want to switch transmissions because I know the auto transmission is weak (this is my second one). I'm only going to run 6psi max until I have a better transmission.

mo.v6accord

Reaction score
I'll just say it now. It sounds like you must have pretty substantial funds. Cl-s or tl-s 6 speed swap. Search it. After that have major motor work done and while your at it you might as well have that 400hp to 500 hp out to the rear wheels with a custom set up.

Back