BMW LED fogs.

ImagioX1

Reaction score
Hey guys thought I would show yall a little project i just completed.

BMW F15 LED FOGS From the retrofit source
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/closeouts/bmw-x5-led-fog-lights.html#.Utdlp_RDu_Q

Took a risk and had to just start cutting my bumper:dunce: It was a super tight fit but it made it. The one on the driver side is slightly angled up but actually that was a good thing. Enabled me to see better on narrow roads. Used a relay harness and splitters and wired them to my lowbeams. So now six bulbs are on when the highbeams come on.:thumbsup:

Anyway on to the pics. Super wide. Dont add much foreground light at all. And best of all they dont produce any glare. But when directly in front the light it is nice and white. And they look very similar to the oem fogs too.

Last edited:

ImagioX1

Reaction score
post the photos in a photobucket account then just post a link to the account

Says I must be a registered member for 7 days to post links:facepalm:

The only way I can post the images is by making them really small.

Last edited:

Bax

Reaction score
Send me the links I'll post them for you

Spot for sale: Pending image host

ImagioX1

Reaction score
Send me the links I'll post them for you

Spot for sale: Pending image host
Thanks man but 7 days have just gone by. And the pics are up^^ Let me know what yall think.

cfox28

Reaction score
Seems to have worked out. Though I would say, the visible part of the housing above the lens ( the silver area) I would like to see that covered somehow, maybe plasti dipping it to see how it looks. I just feel like it will look more integrated

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Agree. I'd paint the housing black around the lens, then they'll look more like they belong there.

ImagioX1

Reaction score
THats what everyone keeps telling me. I might have to get some flat black paint and paint the outside of it. I think they are ultra permasealed so I cant really open them and paint the inside without damaging them.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I don't think you need to paint the inside, just the outside of the housing will do. And I'd use a few coats of paint. Plastidip will chip easily being down that low from daily road debris.

Good job btw.

Back