DIY LED's in Headlight (like Audi R8)

kn106518

Reaction score
I used the led strips from oznium. When I first did them, they started sagging a couple days later so I took them apart (and painted the orange circuitry) and put a little post I cut out of a plexiglass sheet and glued it in the middle. Here is my thread:

before:
CIMG5473.jpg

after:
CIMG5619.jpg

plexiglass:
CIMG5646.jpg

night:
CIMG5655.jpg

more day/night pics on this thread:
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15876

HEY DUDE, I was looking at oznium.com for the LED strip too, but which kind did you buy, and how long is your LED stip so it fit nice in the headlight like that?:roy:

01exv6

Reaction score
http://www.oznium.com/led-ribbon

ribbon led strips. they come in feet and i measured each headlight to almost 2 feet each, so I ordered 4 feet and cut it in the middle. (you can cut them every few LEDs or so) the tricky part is soldering the leads but it isnt that bad

nixed007

Reaction score
But its worth it. I believe I would be the first with those headlights also?

just to answer any questions and because i am in the "I was first mood." I posted mine on the 27th of june, A month before this thread was started. :) my headlights

But i must say i like the individual bulbs better than the strips however mine took 30-45 min. including disassembly

KnightRyder

Reaction score
you guys should wait and see my next headlight thats currently in the planning stages... TSX Retro + 5000K HID + Switchback LEDs + 12 High Powered 10mm LEDs in the bottom + 12 amber superflux LEDs hidden behind the corner amber reflectors :D

im so excited and cant wait to get started on those but all i have collected so far are the projectors and im out of funds for now but once i finish a few projects that im currently working on, the retro will be ON!

basically mine will look similar to this...
retroled.jpg

except the white area below will be 12 High Powered 10mm LEDs and the amber leds in the corner will not be cheap ebay ones but instead REAL superflux leds which will be hidden behind my tinted amber reflector and they'll only come on when i hit the blinker.

so at night my lights will be all white with the white leds, white hid, and white switchback and then when i hit the signal, the white switchback led bulb with turn orange and at the exact same time the hidden amber leds behind the reflector will come on too.

i have it pictured in my head perfectly but its gonna require a good deal of custom fabbing mounts and stuff for the leds.

Back