ZFreak's RB26DETT Z32 300zx build...

ZFreak

Reaction score
...and yes, the RB and VG are about the same power wise, and modification wise, but if you've ever worked on a VG30DETT, you know that you pretty much have to pull the engine to do anything other than change the oil (LOL)... Seriously though, I had two reasons for the swap:
1.) Easier to work on (almost the entire engine can be serviced while in the car)
2.) It just sounds plain badass. :) hah... seriously though, it's a "adding a rare engine to an already rare car" kind of thing.

There was not a thing wrong with my VG30DETT that was in the car. I was running twin GT2860R's and put 585 RWHP and 505 ft-lb at 18PSI, and it can easily push over 700rwhp on C16 with a little more boost.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
:eekwtf:

Personally, for me, your reasons wouldn't be enough to do the swap. Hell yeah, an engine swap is an awesome experience and I'm sure it's cool as hell to get your hands on a rare RB26..... but it's the price of doing so..... we all know how expensive that **** gets.

I can't imagine doing this swap when you were already putting down that kind of power :eek:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of that bodystyle Z. My dad had a 92 in the same color.......2+2......non-turbo.........automatic...... :hide:

Still a fun car to drive though.....

ZFreak

Reaction score
:eekwtf:

Personally, for me, your reasons wouldn't be enough to do the swap. Hell yeah, an engine swap is an awesome experience and I'm sure it's cool as hell to get your hands on a rare RB26..... but it's the price of doing so..... we all know how expensive that **** gets.

I can't imagine doing this swap when you were already putting down that kind of power :eek:

This is where "to each their own" comes in I guess.... I started this swap KNOWLINGLY realizing how much it's going to cost me, and am well aware it's not going to be cheap.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
...... by no meants was I trying to hate on you. +1 for being able to do that in the first place. +2 for actually doing it "because you can" haha.

ZFreak

Reaction score
Just got it back from the machine shop...

I spent the last few hours reassembling it, and a few teaser pics with the valve covers. :) hehe...

If only my head gasket would show up along with the other parts in the mail. :)

Pics:
DSC_2810.jpg

DSC_2812.jpg

reassembled:
DSC_2814.jpg

Teaser:
DSC_2816.jpg

DSC_2815.jpg

FlipStylie

Reaction score
Goood freaking lord... :omgbd:

So, you are the one keeping the car industry afloat during the recession. Congrads on an ambitious build here. And as far as the general forum amazement, just be mindful of the perspective here since this is an accord forum (not a luxury car forum), so we are all kinda amazed at the amount of $$$ you've committed to this project. Many of us can only dream of putting out that kinda capital for a car project, but it's definitely rewarding to see someone pull it off...

ZFreak

Reaction score
Goood freaking lord... :omgbd:

So, you are the one keeping the car industry afloat during the recession. Congrads on an ambitious build here. And as far as the general forum amazement, just be mindful of the perspective here since this is an accord forum (not a luxury car forum), so we are all kinda amazed at the amount of $$$ you've committed to this project. Many of us can only dream of putting out that kinda capital for a car project, but it's definitely rewarding to see someone pull it off...

Thanks for the Kudos. I drive an accord so I can afford to pay for this project!! hah.. I don't have a car payment thanks to my reliable accord.

That being said, my job has been good to me in a rough time, and yes, I'm keeping those small business alive! (I myself am a small business owner in the oil & gas business)

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
one of the cars i point out every single time i see one...also one of the few cars that looks as good now as it did almost 20 years ago. simply a classic :bowdown:

mraw112

Reaction score
That head looks very narrow. Whats the bore on the rb26? Also, is the valve train shim and bucket, or shimless bucket? That valve cover is very sexy

Back