White "smoke" coming from vents with AC on.

luciusad2004

Reaction score
Hey guys. I was driving down the highway with the AC on 2 or 3 when I noticed a small amount of white "smoke" coming through the vent just to the right of the steering wheel. I shut the the air off and it stopped

It had no smell. Couldn't smell burning or exhaust.
Temp gauge was normal
No smoke coming from engine by or exhaust. Anyone have any idea what it could be?

A small puddle formed under my car on the passenger side after I parked her but it's to low to see we're it was coming from and to hot to break out the jack and crawl under her.

99 EX coup incase that matters
Thanks guys

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I saw that the other day while I was driving. I've heard of it before and its just part of the system. Its stops after a couple seconds. Not quite sure what it is, but not a big deal at all.
And the puddle, that's water.

luciusad2004

Reaction score
Water vapor? Lol

So not a huge deal then? Should I assume something's broken or Is it likely due to this being one of the first super hot days of summer?

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Ever opened a freezer on a hot, humid day? There is no problem with this, except my jealousy of your AC functioning so well haha.

twofast4u

Reaction score
this happenned to my old 89 accord, my heatercore was plugged and the car started over heating. On my 2000 altima, same problem came up, turns out the drain hose for the A/C system was plugged.

luciusad2004

Reaction score
LOL absolutely nothing to be jealous of my AC is only reasonable and that's IF the car is moving. If I don't keep the RPMs over 3k I loose the cool air and if I stop in traffic I start getting hit with warm air.

@twofast4u
You said it over heated with the plugged heater core? My temp gauge would reflect that right? The engine bay did feel hotter than normal when I opened it up but my temp gauge was where it's always at so I assumed I was imagining it.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
LOL absolutely nothing to be jealous of my AC is only reasonable and that's IF the car is moving. If I don't keep the RPMs over 3k I loose the cool air and if I stop in traffic I start getting hit with warm air.

@twofast4u
You said it over heated with the plugged heater core? My temp gauge would reflect that right? The engine bay did feel hotter than normal when I opened it up but my temp gauge was where it's always at so I assumed I was imagining it.
You probably are imagining it. More likely its completely fine. Just means it works extra good at higher RPM.

Back