H23a DOHC vtec swap

Jf95

Reaction score
Hey guys i have right now i have a f23a1 and im planning on doing this swap with the h23a vtec blue top.
So far i know (correct me if im from wrong) i can use my f23 mounts besides the driver mounts, F23 wiring harness, and f23 tranny.
I read there might being a problem with obd2, fuel rail, and power steering bracket.
If anyone has done this swap on this car is there anything that may need to be modified? Id appreciate any advice.

BlankWoody

Reaction score
obd2 usdm prelude ecu on the h23a

and as for the power steering bracket you can use
a 98-01 prelude.

Jf95

Reaction score
Im using a chipped p28 ecu. And its manual transmission. Does anyone know what kind of header im supposed to use. Since its a h22a head do i use a h22a header?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
IDK, got to parts store. Have 'em pull a Prelude & an Accord gasket, line 'em up. buy the one you need, if you need to.

Jf95

Reaction score
If im not mistaken the h23a dohc vtec wasnt in a prelude. It only comes in the 1998-2002 accord wagon sir

ickna11

Reaction score
Im using a chipped p28 ecu. And its manual transmission. Does anyone know what kind of header im supposed to use. Since its a h22a head do i use a h22a header?

H22A header will work fine.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
You use an h22 header. You treat it like an h22 swap, and use an obd2 prelude ecu if you need to worry about emissions. I've personally done this same swap a few years ago, almost all the parts you buy for it is the same as an h22

Jf95

Reaction score
Im converting to obd 1. Emissions isnt really a problem for me. Anybody know what i have to do for the conversion. I purchased the ecu and i know i need to get the conversion harness for the ecu. How about the dizzy and fuel injectors? Anything else i need to know?

Back