Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's '02 CG2 EX-L

I too hate the glove box lol sometimes I pop it right out, other times it's a battle royal.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

No dude lol me too. That's literally the hardest part imo....... everything else is just unscrew it. I actually broke some plastic parts on accident trying to get some of the **** off lol when I did mine last month I was sweating like crazy trying to get the glove box off for like 20 minutes but..... I forgot to take off 1 screw on the bottom..... my car has been parked outside so any work I do is on the street so the car is an oven.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
I have a feeling I'll be breaking the bracket, too haha. It's the one by the glove box light, and it's pretty worn out by now. Maybe it'll happen next year lol. Oh I bet it sucked, man. Gotta prep it well before the real fight begins.

I too hate the glove box lol sometimes I pop it right out, other times it's a battle royal.
:hadoken: GLOVEBOX

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Well, my car is finally at the body shop, after waiting patiently 2 months. We'll see how this goes.. Fingers cx'ed..

Taken prior to the accident. Had a small photoshoot meet with Ozzy, so I'll work on those as well soon. (Yeah yeah, they're only 17x7.5+42's haha.)
DSC_0158____zpsjvosvmws.jpg

Last edited:

604ACCORD

Reaction score

Sweet man, good luck with the fix.. Gotta get her ready for spring time meet HAHA! I'm kind of excited to see your new headlights installed.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

^ Thanks man. Yeah we'll see how it comes out!

more pics with WizadofOz :)
DSC_0087__zpsy5o38khy.jpg

DSC_0133__zps3mxnu8xy.jpg

DSC_0105__zpsgfihtztk.jpg

DSC_0102__zpsnm2g5fuo.jpg

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Dropped off my Accord at the shop on the 5th of this month. A couple of days later, they found some hidden damage. Bummer.. Thought it was mainly a fender-bender + cosmetic damages in this case, but it really wasn't that simple / cheap.

I remember I was pushed by the car, and went over the concrete yellow curb on the left. That impact on the curb really hit my floor panel pretty hard to the point where it cracked 'n it even made my side skirt noticeably pushed up, apparently leaving no gap between the bottom the door and the skirt. The door has been scraping some paint on my skirt, ever since I opened 'n closed it initially after the collision.

I've already received $2000 check from the insurance company that would have supposedly covered the original damage. But then, I was told by the shop that this additional repair might consider them total my car. I bought this car in 2007 w/ 58K miles on it for $15000. Now it's got 162K miles, the value is only about $2800 lol. So, I guess the hidden frame damage is about $800-$1000 more to the original repair cost haha. ($2800~$3000 repair cost totaling my $2800 car, or something like that I guess.)

So I told the insurance company not to total my car. I told them I had some major parts replacement + maintenance done this summer & fall, costing well over $4000, explained in full detail on this forum, along with what I have done to the car, and how it has been kept and maintained.

A few days later, I got a response telling me that I am covered up to $1000 more for personalized / customized equipment beyond factory. The insurance field examiner had to inspect my car at the shop, and it was determined that the additional hidden damage will be repairable. So it wasn't going to be totaled. Helll fuucking yeaah.

Good news is that the repair work has started. The shop has already finished painting / repainting the required parts for the repair. They were actually able to paint just the damaged area on my front bumper, leaving my center and right side of the bumper in the original condition. My dipped black upper grille is not R.I.P. after all haha. I was able to get a fresh OEM fender instead of an aftermarket piece. He told me that the paint-matching job on the car as a whole is pretty good, so that's a good hope.

Bad news is that the actual piece of the floor panel is coming from the east coast, (hopefully it's not so rusty..) taking 10 days to be delivered to the shop, and now they're going into Xmas holiday closures haha. So, I will not be able to spend New Year's together with her haha.

I was able to manage myself w/o the car for a few days after dropping it off for the repair, but I decided to rent a car, b/c now that I know it won't be fixed for another few more weeks. I'm rocking with a mid-sized SUV now. It's slow, but I like that I can play my music from my phone, and use a back-up camera lol. And, I don't have to drive / park this car so careful lol. (I can park between cars anytime!)

I was told that the repair will be done by the 2nd wk of January. We'll see how it goes! ← Been saying that since October lol. :rotflmao:

604ACCORD

Reaction score

Oh man your lucky, I was reading it and was like F............CK!! Then I seen it was not totaled! :High 5: This is great news, I'm glad your getting her back.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Well, my car is finally back, and I'm just glad it's over.. The car came out pretty fresh, but it wasn't easy. It was insanely disturbing, when you worrying abt your car for months, whether or not it'll be totaled haha. Still wish it didn't happen, but whatever, I shouldn't be complaining too much, after getting a fresh fender + headlights, along with fresh clearcoats on my hood & side door. Poor phone pic quality but here are some comparisons:

The initial quote was an aftermarket fender, so I requested an OEM fender to be paint-matched at its best. Job well done, and I am extremely happy w/ the fender. Plus, they replaced my original worn out fender well as well. The shop were able to buff off those tire marks on the bumper edge and the front lip's clear bra.
82995e00f67979ff24c55460e644ff47.jpg

IMAG7060_zpsipwkqntj.jpg

They were able to partial-paint my front bumper, masking off my dipped upper grille. I can tell that there is a work applied where it has been touched up on the scratch, but it's hard to tell if you're not told. My front bumper was flawless before this, so I am ok w/ the bumper.
fc29f48ec1a653154499ce0810673f9a.jpg

IMAG7063_zpscllnjmjv.jpg

Touched up, and the whole door panel is clear coated to paint-match with the fender. Pretty happy with the door. They also clear coated the hood for the same purpose. Can't be happier.
2e763833e8585c5b451a1963d585e41b.jpg

IMAG7068_zpspdvwgaqb.jpg

The shop was originally trying to cut it out and re-weld the brand new piece, and this took some extra 2 wks for them to get the new piece from the east coast + Christmas holiday shop closure. They originally thought that it could simply be done from underneath the car, but Interestingly, it turned out that the whole dash needed to be removed first in order to properly get the job done. I have an aftermarket vehicle security system & some aux LED wirings, etc everywhere inside the dash, so I told them to stop replacing but repair the damaged section. It was cool that the insurance was willing to cover the cost of this work but I figured it could be more hectic, if there was something wrong to my alarm. ($900 alarm vs $300 re-welded piece, I'd take care my alarm.) It was like fixing a scratch underneath a skateboard, so we were both agreed to stop and simply added more under coatings and left it there for good.
48b6b0f0f739111f743e4afcb59ef42c.jpg

IMAG7072_zps3xxzkres.jpg

Pretty sure it was just buffed off.
22306fad87f3e9cc656e886387b55ba7.jpg

IMAG7077_zpshhpfq5we.jpg

Poor pic, but this one has essentially zero evidence. Super happy with the rear lip. The muffler tip still has some scratches on it, but I can simply polish them by myself.
f6d6b2c895d588c0a66c6af1675ee714.jpg

IMAG7074_zpslnut1o9g.jpg

I had this paint chip by a hit 'n run, for almost 9 years. (Pic is from '08 right after the hit. Most of it was buffed off but it left the paint crack.) They fixed it anyways, since my car was sitting at the shop for a long time. That was very nice of them. It's pretty good job, you can't tell it was refinished unless you're told 'n see it in close-up. Very x2 thankful for their kindness, my rear bumper is pretty much flawless once again.
2010-04-08%2019.16.30_zpsgie3nwya.jpg

IMAG7081_zpsxepcv0ut.jpg

Lastly, it had a wheel alignment service, restored to my original alignment spec. No major work was applied on my front lip besides buffing off the tire mark on the edge. However, it left some minor microscopic paint cracks on the edge, but I guess I'll pretend like those aren't there. More or less, I'm glad that the poly-u front lip w/ clear bra saved itself from the impact.

Over all, the car came out fresh as ever, so I'd like to believe that I got the max benefit out of this. But like I said, it wasn't easy haha.. I will post more pics 'n details abt my new headlights and how I wired the LEDs to my liking. So plz stay tuned! :)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sounds like everything worked out pretty well. Did you have to fight for them to use OEM parts or was that not a thing? Car looks great, I'm happy for ya!

Back