What do you dream of finding in a junk yard?

Fusionreactives

Reaction score
I was looking for a thread that listed all of the rarest (and common) finds in a DIY/self service junkyard.

I know you guys can contribute so let's make this a sticky worthy thread!

List what parts you look for in a JY that you can either use or you know someone else will likely want it.

The parts can either be interchangeable from another Honda/Acura or they can be hard to find 6GA parts.

I'll start off with a few that I usually look for:

- 98-00 lx keyless entry/ security system
- fog lights! (Complete with switch and harness)
- leather seats
- SE trim pieces
- MDX steering wheel

You get where I'm going with this...

kn0x47

Reaction score
Acura cl front seats, oem accord fogs, oem lip kit. I already found 7th gen accord black leather rear seats, Acura cl console, 2nd gen fusion fog lights and Isuzu axiom fog lights (hella micro de). I'm always looking for little things that can swap over

Fusionreactives

Reaction score
Acura cl front seats, oem accord fogs, oem lip kit. I already found 7th gen accord black leather rear seats, Acura cl console, 2nd gen fusion fog lights and Isuzu axiom fog lights (hella micro de). I'm always looking for little things that can swap over

Ford fusion fog lights? Do they fit in our bumpers? I haven't even been to the gm/ford section lol

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
I've found a J32, but an auto. I've been looking for different sets of projector fogs as well. I've found some 5th Gen Retros, aftermarket headlights for our chassis. I found black leather pieces, and a few of my swap parts.

Jarrett

Reaction score
This isn't really in the spirit of the thread, but with the prices of some of the awesome projector and LED fog lights for sale on theretrofitsource.com, it just seems silly putting a lot of effort into finding other fog lights to try and make them fit when there are excellent aftermarket options available for a similar price. With arguably better output, too, as many of those projectors are designed with HIDs in mind.

kn0x47

Reaction score
This isn't really in the spirit of the thread, but with the prices of some of the awesome projector and LED fog lights for sale on theretrofitsource.com, it just seems silly putting a lot of effort into finding other fog lights to try and make them fit when there are excellent aftermarket options available for a similar price. With arguably better output, too, as many of those projectors are designed with HIDs in mind.
Similar prices? Then you're seriously getting ripped off at your junk yards.

I got my fusion fogs for free and hella micro de's for 20 bucks

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Jon, Boy Wonder, who used to post on here, used the Fusion fogs on his 2nd Gen RL.

They actually fit pretty well, and he was saying the light output was really good.

Roadrage

Reaction score
I've found a J32, but an auto. I've been looking for different sets of projector fogs as well. I've found some 5th Gen Retros, aftermarket headlights for our chassis. I found black leather pieces, and a few of my swap parts.

LUCKY!!! ive been looking for a J32 Auto!!!

Back