What car to get next? [Updated with pictures!]

Excuse_M3_DCT

Reaction score
Hey all,

Some of you guys might've seen my post if you lurk on M3post, but I sold the M3! I'm looking for something new... not sure what though. Any ideas are welcomed.

Goodbye!

My2008M3008.jpg

:Starwars::(

As for the good ol' accord (2002 V6 LX) is my primary vehicle for now, however, there are some issues. Albeit at 49,000 miles, yes, 49,000 :rock: there seems to be some transmission issues. I've gotten the code P0780 twice already, the code is a "shift malfunction". Honestly, it drives fine, no slipping, or hard shifts. Sometimes (usually when not warmed up long enough) during acceleration the transmission makes a whirring noise... which makes me a bit uneasy.

Edit - Forgot to mention that I've experienced the D4 light blinking, TCS, and CEL on all at the same time several times already.

With that said, I bought the accord for $6,000 in immaculate condition, I'm pretty sure I can profit a modest chunk of change, in the event that I sell it.

Please let me know what you think guys!

Cheers!

Currently considering,

C63 AMG

IMG3522-XL.jpg

Nissan GTR

Nissan-GT-R-2012-New-Supercar.jpg

Audi S5

1969488488_bed72ddaf9.jpg

BMW F10 M5

2012_bmw_m5_rendering_images_main.jpg

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Re: What car to get next... sell the accord?

That's a front profile I don't think I would tire of seeing.

As for the Accord, with the amount of threads on here recently about tranny issues, I am sure you could try any of the suggestions.

Most notably, check out ExcoStyles(?sp) thread.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

If they tranny is still functioning well, I would recommend figuring out the codes asap...because it means you could save it depending on what the problem is.

Need more info to recommend a car. RWD/AWD/FWD, how many doors, features you want, budget, etc.

Love me a Merc.

eggs

Reaction score

A lot of m3 guys I know talk bout gettin the Gtr so maybe look into that.. But if you want something more practical get a new 1 series M thats a pretty common car also... i like the c63 or maybe get a CTS-V

Last edited:

Excuse_M3_DCT

Reaction score

That's a front profile I don't think I would tire of seeing.

As for the Accord, with the amount of threads on here recently about tranny issues, I am sure you could try any of the suggestions.

Most notably, check out ExcoStyles(?sp) thread.

Got that right :naughty:

Yeah, unfortunately, I've read way too many stories regarding the transmissions. At 49,000 I didn't expect many problems though, to be honest.

If they tranny is still functioning well, I would recommend figuring out the codes asap...because it means you could save it depending on what the problem is.

Need more info to recommend a car. RWD/AWD/FWD, how many doors, features you want, budget, etc.

Love me a Merc.

I noticed one thing today, sometimes it downshifts roughly and gives me a bit of a jolt. Its pretty rare though. Probable causes were something with the electrical circuits, I believe something regarding solenoid? I'm not too sure about that. I also forgot to mention that I've experienced the D4 light blinking, TCS, and CEL on all at the same time several times already. Again, this makes me a tad uneasy :eusa_doh:

Love RWD :driving:, the only AWD that I'd consider is a GTR but I want something that can handle the abhorrent roads of NYC :eusa_doh:, as for FWD... I'm not too sure on that.

Loveee coupes, not planning to have a family for a LONG time so I'm fine with 2 doors, sedans are okay too, absolutely hate verts...

Budget: 9x,xxx. Will know more by the end of the fiscal year :ugh:

Other than that I'm open to pretty much anything though ;)

Thank you sir!

A lot of m3 guys I know talk bout gettin the Gtr so maybe look into that.. But if you want something more practical get a new 1 series M thats a pretty common car also... i like the c63 or maybe get a CTS-V

Hey eggs! I remember your buddy had a supercharged M3 right? Good stuff. Haha yes the GTR is amazing, but the practicality factor, unfortunately, isn't there. Its probably top 10 on my list though...

Ehh, just got outa the M so I'm trying to try something new, love the high revving engines though. :love:

Yeah the C63 is sweet! I really love how it looks, very very aggressive. Not so much into the CTS-V though :sleeping:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Love RWD :driving:, the only AWD that I'd consider is a GTR but I want something that can handle the abhorrent roads of NYC :eusa_doh:, as for FWD... I'm not too sure on that.

Loveee coupes, not planning to have a family for a LONG time so I'm fine with 2 doors, sedans are okay too, absolutely hate verts...

Budget: 9x,xxx. Will know more by the end of the fiscal year :ugh:

Other than that I'm open to pretty much anything though ;)

That's a good sized budget. I didn't realize you were driving an e92 M3, figured it was an e36 like everyone else on here.

Why not an A6 or S6? AWD and more comfortable for those infamous roads. Or an A5/S5 if you want 2 doors. Or if you're a BMW guy I believe there is an AWD 5-Series. Though it might be hard going from an M car to a standard 5, even though it's a 3 vs 5.

I'm with you on convertibles though, I can't stand the way they look with the tops up, especially soft tops. Some hard tops look alright, but then you lose the trunk space. Coupes look best in coupe form, convertible tops kill the hotness that is the c-pillar...

Last edited:

Halabeaster54

Reaction score

What about a m6? V10 500hp. Sounds like a good time haha. I've been driving my moms 6 series since my accord died on Wednesday, I forgot how much of a better car it is compared to my accord. When I put my foot down it feels like I'm driving on clouds but its a savage and girls love it. I could only imagine a m6....

Mah new daily until i fix the cg.
IMAG0564.jpg

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

almightyfargoth

Reaction score

I've been driving my moms 6 series since my accord died on Wednesday

I forgot how much of a better car it is compared to my accord.

its a savage and girls love it.

*sigh* girls love it because only a man would think the M6 is manly, and just barely.

so you're driving a chick car, chicks see an M6 as the same thing as a regular 6.

love how he posted a pic to reiterate "hey guys! just in case the text didn't give you a clue, I'm a fake BMW driver right now!"

I almost want to say "yeah? chicks are impressed when they find out it's your mom's car? or is this another case of you lying and saying it's actually yours?"

Last edited:

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score

damn $90k is damn near limitless :lawl:

well, it is in my book

911 turbo perhaps? although that doesnt exactly practical :lawl:

Back