Let's talk side mirrors

SykVSyx

Reaction score
7th Gen/TSX have many interchangeable parts, so that's not hard to see such a swap being done between those.

Mikey

Reaction score
G, your friend needs to sign up here and do a DIY, lol.

I too would think the JDM ones would just be a matter of switching wiring around. Id almost think it wouldnt matter. Because whether the switch, or mirror, is on the left or the right, the switch operates the same mirror. Harness for the JDM right-side mirror might be shorter than the USDM right-side mirror but, again, just a matter of fixing some wiring. As for the heated portion, I'd wire it to a switch somewhere. If I couldnt find the actual button then, the defrost would be next choice.

Ive seen a CDM set of heated mirrors online before and they werent too bad($100/ea) but they were 2 different colors. :/

SykVSyx

Reaction score
We have TL owner's on here, so if they can measure up the mirrors, or we can bug some TL/CL owner's on AZ to take some measurements, should be able to confirm that easily enough.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
For the mounting plate, yes, there wouldn't be much complication from the wiring, since both cars have pretty much the same setup for the mirrors.

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
G, your friend needs to sign up here and do a DIY, lol.

lolz he owns a music shop here in my town and he's into the honda game ... He has a facebook for his business if you'd like to request him and ask more details i'm pretty sure he would answer. Search for him under "chikito auto sound" ... he's actually the one I go to for my system

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
IMO, 1st step is getting the lengths of each side of the triangular mounting area. 2nd step would be comparing how they are mounted. I’ve never taken mine off, but I’m guessing it’s a few screws or something. If the screw placement is different among mirrors/doors, then you would have to drill new holes in whatever mirror you were using and match it up with the door. Again though, not sure how the mirrors mount to the door.

I would have to see “cut” mirrors up close to really judge, I’m a bit skeptical of how clean that would look.

And here’s another idea, maybe not doable. But what if it were possible to just swap the upper and lower portions of mirrors? 98 Accord owners would have to get at least '99 mirrors in this case (since '99 was the first year for folding mirrors), but I am wondering if the lower portion (that’s attached to the door) of say, a 1999 side mirror housing, would accept the upper portion (that's the folding part) of a mirror from 99-03 TL’s/CL’s. This may be too out there...

Btw, swollen_cu has an 01 TL, someone could ask him to measure his triangular mounting area.

Last edited:

kn0x47

Reaction score
I too would think the JDM ones would just be a matter of switching wiring around.

dont forget the "objects in mirror...." mirror would probably be on the wrong side for us. so you'd be buying the JDMs for the power folding then using your own or the canadian mirrors for the heated feature assuming itd fit

SykVSyx

Reaction score
yes, the internals of the JDM mirrors can be swapped, CD owner's have done that.

As for the mounting screws, it may be a matter of 3, and 2 may line up with the 3rd one not lining up, depending on which mirror you use.

Boy Wonder has the power folding TSX mirrors, so hopefully he can chime in about the fitment and what needs to be done for a clean mount.

Back