How difficult it is to remove I4 or V6 Tranmission???

xci.ed6

Reaction score
yeah, took 3 yrs. Awesome time, changed my -OWN- tires, also did work on others (260z 8), IROC w/ 13 miles!!!!, others)

Had my best time at a community college, got 4th ( :( ) national test, ASE Pro Cert, worked on MANY cars. Also taught there once after I graduated, almost had some dumbies use the wrong plug wires on a Ford truck and start a fire. Saw some awesomeness, like a Scooby Brat (!!!) and bought my 91 Civic Ex (!!!) there.

briansan

Reaction score
you lost me on some of the jargon :)
260z 8?
iroc?

yeah, i'm a senior undergraduate computer engineering major and i look back on my years at college feeling like haven't really applied my knowledge to best of my efforts...

xci.ed6

Reaction score
260z:

Car that came after the 240z, before the 280z, only around for a few years with a 2.6L I6, and carbureted.

IROC:

Chevy, this one fell off a truck inroute to the dealer, we got it with 0 miles in 1986. The 13 miles came from pulling it into the shop for twenty years. We fixed the rear quarter where it fell off the truck by like 1990.

Computers are interesting, I used to do stuff too, even went to nationals for web development in highschool. Most of my 'specialty' shows up around stuff like the 27C256 (EF ECM chip, made mine fit a 27C512 ;) ) and similar.

briansan

Reaction score
Haa, a car that never got any mileage, sounds miserable...
Thats pretty awesome that youve gotten to mod an ecm chip. Any recommendations (like hardware/software) on how to get started w that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I haven't investigated ours yet, my engine stays stock-ish because it hasn't asked for more.

I need to look at that actually, I'll try to but one of the first things (if you have a pic) is to pull the covers to see what is on the board.

The other one had a 27C256, so UV erase, very easy to find memory, maybe this had it in a socket? IDK, at that point I need to get one.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
192750_DRLControlUnit01Accord_3.jpg

briansan

Reaction score
oh man. the whole driver's seat section is such a pain to disassemble... any tips for getting it all out? i feel like there are alotta valuable parts in there...

xci.ed6

Reaction score
driver seat:

recline fwd, all the way
height, lift all the way
adj. fwd & bwd to pull 4 bolts, leave centered
unplug wires
muscle out

5min, max

briansan

Reaction score
well i managed to remove the seats, but now i'm having trouble disassembling all the electronics underneath the steering wheel.

Back