RR's '99 coupe EX-L

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT

I like the pedals! Might just have to buy some now...

You should, would further enhance the premium look you’re going for with your interior. :) They have many different finishes and grip styles to choose from.

Nice looking pieces. Brushed aluminum color? Not only those, but I'm surprised to see that your carpet looks super clean.

Yes they are brushed aircraft grade aluminium (as the Brits say), with a black anodized layer underneath. The set screws are also black.

I’m glad you think so, because I’ve thought about replacing it. I’d love new OEM carpet but the last I looked it was more than I’d like to pay for 15 year old carpet haha. I try to keep it clean though, pretty careful with my interior. It’s probably the only part of the car that doesn’t look like it has 182k miles on it. :lawl:

Oh, that I didn't realized haha. Looks well paint matched w/ your '01-'02 bezel. :thumbsup: Hmmm, like I said, I was thinking about getting the piece in CF but, as I've imagined, the silver looks gooood...

Yeah the silver is a nice alternative I think, adds something to the interior but still look OEM. The silver looks a little darker on the gauge pod since I still need to add some clear coat, and the gauge area is recessed so less light gets to it.

Looks awesome!! I've been looking for a dead pedal cover. Idk about the $100+ for those yet but I'll keep my eye on them for the future.

Thanks! It is a bit of money to spend for something you just put your foot on lol, but for the quality feel and looks it was worth it for me. There are some alternatives on Ebay but I just wasn’t loving any of them. They are cheap though so it may be worth it for you if you just want a decent looking dead pedal for now.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

I’m glad you think so, because I’ve thought about replacing it. I’d love new OEM carpet but the last I looked it was more than I’d like to pay for 15 year old carpet haha. I try to keep it clean though, pretty careful with my interior. It’s probably the only part of the car that doesn’t look like it has 182k miles on it. :lawl:
Props to you, Chris. Must have been quite some effort to maintain the cleanliness, especially on light-colored carpets like yours. Nope, it doesn't look like it needs to be replaced. :)

Btw,
- Koni "Yellow" SP-1 adjustable struts (f: bottom perch, r: top perch)
What does it mean by the top & bottom perch you speak of ? f: stiffest, r: softest, or something? Just curious here..

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Props to you, Chris. Must have been quite some effort to maintain the cleanliness, especially on light-colored carpets like yours. Nope, it doesn't look like it needs to be replaced. :)

Btw,

What does it mean by the top & bottom perch you speak of ? f: stiffest, r: softest, or something? Just curious here..

Well I never eat in the car, and anything I’m transporting that isn’t clean is put in the trunk or I throw towels down. Whenever I take the car to a shop I put the winter floormat in. And I try to clean it regularly. I also rarely have passengers, if my wife and I are ever going anywhere together, we're usually in her car since it has the baby seat. And I never let people sit in the back haha.

The Koni perches are to do with ride height. There are two embossed grooves in the shock body on the fronts (the rears might have 3, I forget), and a snap ring sits in the groove with a cap on top/around it just to be safe, and then the perch the base of the spring sits on goes over that. So you have different height positions you can move the snap ring, and thus, the perch between. Hope that makes sense. I probably have pics somewhere.

As for dampening, they have adjustment for that too. The dial on top goes two full turns. Mine are at 1.5 I believe.

And now you know. :lawl:

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Well I never eat in the car, and anything I’m transporting that isn’t clean is put in the trunk or I throw towels down. Whenever I take the car to a shop I put the winter floormat in. And I try to clean it regularly. I also rarely have passengers, if my wife and I are ever going anywhere together, we're usually in her car since it has the baby seat. And I never let people sit in the back haha.

The Koni perches are to do with ride height. There are two embossed grooves in the shock body on the fronts (the rears might have 3, I forget), and a snap ring sits in the groove with a cap on top/around it just to be safe, and then the perch the base of the spring sits on goes over that. So you have different height positions you can move the snap ring, and thus, the perch between. Hope that makes sense. I probably have pics somewhere.

As for dampening, they have adjustment for that too. The dial on top goes two full turns. Mine are at 1.5 I believe.

And now you know. :lawl:
I see a little bit of your OCD-ness there for the first time. :lawl: Well, I pretty much treat my interior like you as well, except I eat in my car haha.

That's pretty technical for me to get the picture, but thanks for the info, bud. I thought those were for your dampening settings.

Y,, yea I think I know now. :p

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Cleaned and waxed a pair of BNIB side underspoilers. :love: Greg if you see this, THANK YOU again. Cannot wait to replace my battered sides.

Picked up the 6.5gen rear bumper trim from my paint guy. I still have to figure out how to attach to the rear lip.

WP_20150503_19_54_15_Pro.jpg

I noticed the underspoilers have two things my current ones don't. A black rubber molding like the front/rear underspoilers have, and a red paint protection film at the front to prevent scratching from anything the front wheels kick up. Although it's only partial coverage so I still gave it some 3M Paint Defender.

WP_20150503_19_20_42_Pro.jpg

WP_20150503_19_31_35_Pro.jpg

I know there are mixed reviews out there for 3M Paint Defender, but I wanted to give it a try, since the front of my current side underspoilers look like this.

WP_20150503_19_32_58_Pro.jpg

My experience with this product was very positive, the result looks great. Clean and completely transparent.

WP_20150504_08_33_31_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

U, still on your lunch blake? :ioof6:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

It looks really clean 'n paint-matched as well.

I bet it's the camera, but your body paint looks like Brad's red pearl haha.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Thanks, it's subtle but helps the exhaust look more integrated which was the goal.

I wish my paint was in good of shape as Brad's.

Back