Turboing high mileage F23a4?

pyaarawala

Reaction score
It'll take a few weeks for a shop to assemble your motor, and yes it's pretty much how you put it. The only downside I see to not doing it all at once is that you almost have to drop the motor just to get the trans out/in anyways and the flywheel/clutch bolted in. So its one of those..."might as well" kinda things and for ease of installation.

I think AsianInvasion on here is selling or will be selling his F23 motor soon. Keep a look out for people that have done H22 swaps in their accords or have blown their motors w/ boost.

Well most likely the place where I'll get my tranny swap done will be a transmission swap and won't do an engine swap for me. If they do give me a full labor cost of the engine swap + tranny swap for me, then I'll definitely do it together. I'll just have to force myself to not do the tranny swap when I have all the parts and money to do it. Will have to wait till I have the tranny parts, built f23, and money for labor.

Also, are there any DIYs on the builds for the F23? If I get a spare one to work on in my garage, I'd rather do the build myself, except things I can't do like sleeve and bore. How much does it cost to build the internals?

Kid2000EX

Reaction score
Pistons-0Approx 4-500 unless you find a deal like me
Rods- Same price maybe more
Bearings- 1-200
Head Studs-1-200
Rings-IDK for sure came with pistons for me

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Pistons-0Approx 4-500 unless you find a deal like me
Rods- Same price maybe more
Bearings- 1-200
Head Studs-1-200
Rings-IDK for sure came with pistons for me

Am I changing these to aftermarket ones or just stock ones that are brand new? Changing these will make a big difference in the handling of boost and overall performance?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
All will be aftermarket. At this point I'm gonna suggest you read up a lil more cuz it doesn't quite sound like you know what your getting yourself into.

Pistons are about $500 (come with rings, if not rings are like $100)
Rods are about $6-700
Bearings/thrust washers are $100
Headstuds - $140

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Yeah I really don't know completely what the engine build is all about. And I have plenty of time before I do a build because I'm doing the tranny swap first, and plus I need to save money.

While saving money...I'll be researching, simple as that.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Thanks stinker. I'll get the helms manual once I'm skilled enough to understand it lol. My goal is to keep researching till I have enough money to do the swaps and hopefully learn how to do it by then. Anyone else learn how to do it (both tranny and/or engine swap) through a way other than experience, such as online reading?

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
shouldnt the top end of the motor be receiving attention as well when he's building it o_O

mrm1ke02

Reaction score
well how much power are you aiming for? from what i see i rather build a h block than a single cam. You get more power out of it. and for tranny H trannys are better. the gear ratios arent to long shorter than the F's. and if you're planing to make 300+ i say just do springs and retainers for the head and you're good. You dont need to port and polish it. but its you're choice.

Back