Muffler help!

leftfieldpapi

Reaction score
Whats up guys newbie here. Im looking for reccomendations for a good muffler system to throw on my accord coupe. i have an F32a1 that i plan on swapping for an h22 and maybe going turbo if i dont decide to get a 6 Cyl. So i want to get something decent. Im not the richest guy but if its a decent price not to crazy then im patient enough to save up for it. I also wanted to ask about what to do to make my exhaust sound better, because the setup i have right now is getting me into trouble with the police (I live in Rhode Island) lol. I had obx headers + straight pipe + a glass pack(cherry bomb) and a obx muffler/tip, no cat and no res. And they dont mind it if im around 2 rpms but i wanna do something where i can be more on the safe side. I was thinking of getting rid of just the cat and throwing back on if i get a ticket but im open to all suggestions and answers. I apologize if my setup is illegal but we all love to hear that exhaust... No??? :waytogo:

604ACCORD

Reaction score
My opinion is f23's sound like **** with out the cat (raspy, loud, and annoying), but I guess its also what kind of exhaust parts you have. I would put a cat on or at least a resonator and something other than a cherry bomb.

example.
Leave the headers
cat or resonator
universal magnaflow muffler
leave your tip you have

This setup would sound much better and pleasant to other motorists.

leftfieldpapi

Reaction score
You know what I agree about the ****ty sound, but at least it doesnt sound ebayish lol. But i love your example and im definitely gonna go through with that and hopefully when i get it on ill send you a test video or whatever of some revs and hard pulls. I appreciate your help man truly. Ive been looking for advice everywhere in my town and noone gave me a straightforward answer like you lol! Thanks again for your help ! Happy new year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back