Comparing a couple cars, input? *bought - page 2*

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Re: Comparing a couple cars, input?

congrats on the new car! one of my coworkers had a v6 model in red...i liked it. going at the end of the month too can help with car sales, they're always trying to get more in for the month and might make a better deal for you just to get the sale.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Nice trade up CB. :thumbsup:

The gf has the '09 Corolla and we haven't had any issues with its drive train. Minor issues like AC vents smelling and making a noise. The interior has a cheap plastic feel. Otherwise, it's good.

The only experience I have with the Venza is from car shopping with my brother. He's 6'3 and all leg and the Venza was the only thing that didn't have him knees to the dash.

Thanks buddy. I had read about a similar issue with dash plastics. It looks upscale but there are one or two panels that sound cheap when you flick em, which surprised me in a Toyota. There are a couple fit and finish issues too, one is where the dash meets the subwoofer grill and the other is where the glove box meets the lower dash. Great otherwise though, as you said. This is my first Toyota, and I’m pleased so far. Hope it goes well into the 200k mile range.

congrats on the new car! one of my coworkers had a v6 model in red...i liked it. going at the end of the month too can help with car sales, they're always trying to get more in for the month and might make a better deal for you just to get the sale.

Thanks Andy. Yeah guess we had the perfect storm goin on haha.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

OP, congrats on getting the hauler! My wifey DD's an SUV, and it has been helping me out a lot, especially when I bought a front bumper cover, or exhausts pipes for my car that needed to be picked up from the store. :) Now, you can do the CL dash swap if you want it! :naughty:

in the case of #1, the lien just....

#2 was probably another case of fat fingers or someone legitimately lost the title. i'd avoid it anyway since it's an auction car that has spent most of 2015 trying to be sold after it was brought to the US.

#3, you'd be the....
Just being curios but, why is it that an auction car is subjected to stay away from a purchase?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Looking at some 19's from the RX350, specs are the same. Probably one of these two styles...

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

OP, congrats on getting the hauler! My wifey DD's an SUV, and it has been helping me out a lot, especially when I bought a front bumper cover, or exhausts pipes for my car that needed to be picked up from the store. :) Now, you can do the CL dash swap if you want it! :naughty:

Thanks Richard. Yeah it will be nice to be able to haul stuff much more easily now.

Would love the CL dash swap but I don't have it in me to figure out all that wiring lol. The 99-00 TL dash looks similar and may be more plug n play, but no one has done it on a V6 6GA to verify.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

CB, I am thinking the top set, the bottom ones don't really look all that much different from what you have on there currently.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

CB, I am thinking the top set, the bottom ones don't really look all that much different from what you have on there currently.

The bottom ones seem to have more depth than ours, but all these wheels are +35 which surprised me. I agree though, I am leaning toward the top as well.

i like the top set more too. that 19" tire price though :ugh:

Another reason I didn't want the V6 with 20" wheels haha.

Mikey

Reaction score

I personally like the bottom set better but then again I'm partial to the twin 5-spokes. ;)

Back