Comparing a couple cars, input? *bought - page 2*

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Speaking of Lexus, of course since you sent me that link to the GS F Sport ad, I have been looking out for them.

Spotted a white one the other day, not the first one I have seen, and may have been the same car, but it didn't wow me in person, like the ad did.

I think because it was white.

Car looks fantastic, but white really takes away from how aggressive it can look.

Didn't help that the guy driving it was being soft with it on the hwy.......:eh:

So, if that is the sport sedan that you have plans for.......can't wait till you pull the trigger on it! :love:

I've never stopped thinking about that car either. Yeah I agree, I'd get a dark metallic gray or dark blue maybe. The ISF, on the other hand, I love in white. Here's a GS350 F-sport with 22k miles for $35,000, not bad. But I wonder how sluggish it feels having the same motor as the IS350 but more weight. Still, that's a lot of car for that money. But also auto trans...all Lexus' are now though.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...0000&searchRadius=0&listingId=423246424&Log=0

I know whatever I end up getting, it's going to take a few years to save a sizeable down payment lol. But it will be worth it. I may end up with an auto because that could be a bargaining chip to get the wife on board with something faster/nicer, as long as it's a good auto trans and not a lagbox. And I'll still have the Accord for manual shenanigans.

But oh...that 6MT CTS-V wagon... :lawl: pipe dream

I saw they are giving the FRS the 86 namesake, that's pretty cool. If I was getting a 2dr though I'd be looking for an e46 M3, desperately wish they'd made a 4dr version of it. :(

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Drove beside a white and a grey IS-F Sport this morning, they were behind one another, but not participating in any shenanigans.

I swear, everyone who has an F Sport, SUV included, seems to be very responsible behind the wheel of them.

Yes, the IS-F looks great in white, I am thinking because of the shorter body, so the lines maintain that sharp look.

I know my wife would be ok with that type of an upgrade, because she has a heavy foot, so, as long as the car looks good, she would be fine with it being sporty/fast.

Mind you, if money allowed, she would want an AMG C63 S sedan.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I'm surprised how many women I see driving the new IS sedans, they just look like a more masculine car to me.

I'd love an "OMG C63", I'd even take a 2014+ C350 since they got a power increase. But German car stigma. :skurred:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
haha, same here, lots of women driving them, guess they are about those sport sedans.

Those German car repair bills.......:shakehead:

There are some cars, you just wonder why the powers that be, didn't make different decisions to offer consumers some other options that I am positive, would have sold well.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Did some tinkering over the weekend. Removed the rear bumper reflectors and replaced them with some surface emit lights. Satisfied with them other than the fact that the brightness does not change when braking. However, they are really bright as parking lights, so I am thinking they are at braking brightness all the time...still trying to figure that out.

temporary_95.jpg

temporary_96.jpg

Also swapped the headlight bulbs to a pair of Philips DiamondVisions, they give off a 5000-5500k white. Pictures show slight hint of blue but there actually isn't any. Debating whether to put some 2500k yellow bulbs in the highs. And I need to decide what to do with the fogs.

temporary_98.jpg

temporary_97.jpg

Mods done:
2013+ upper/lower grills
2013+ winter mats
OEM Cargo mat
Philips Diamondvision H11 (lowbeam)
LED rear bumper lights
LE emblem
LED license plate light

Mods to come:
Paintmatched mudflaps
Chrome rocker panel moldings
Leather 2009-12 steering wheel upgrade
Aftermarket heated seat elements/OEM switches
2013+ LED signal mirrors
LED switchback front turn signals (3157)
LED front sidemarker (194)
LED brakelights (7443)
LED rear turn signals (7440)
LED reverse lights (921)
Morimoto XB LED fog lights
Yellow 9005 bulbs (highbeam)
Lexus RX350 wheels
Chrome mirror half-covers (maybe)
Paint brake calipers

Maintenance:
Oil change and replaced engine air filter - 118,800mi / 6.18.19

Front end crash 8/20/2019 w/125k miles. Sad day. Great car, I'll miss it.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^That was my first thought for the fogs. But since both polycarbonate lenses got cracked and I have to replace the whole housing :rolleyes:, I'm looking around for full replacements. I like the Morimoto XB LED fogs but they are the same temp as the lows. TRS sells them with yellow Lamin-X, but I prefer clear lenses.

I still have to wire up the other side ha, probably do it tonight.

kn0x47

Reaction score
morimoto led fogs are very nice. there are more and more generic versions popping up on aliexpress and several of them actually use the same leds as morimoto

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Here ya go, Stretch. :lawl:

3336fe55-af35-46d6-9953-800818ca9be8.jpg

c57d6112-9898-4725-b039-20c0a966ae79.jpg

Found that the brakelight spade connector was crooked and not actually inserted into the tap. So now it all works as it is supposed to, running/parking lights dimmer and brake lights brighter.

morimoto led fogs are very nice. there are more and more generic versions popping up on aliexpress and several of them actually use the same leds as morimoto

Hmm...any idea which ones? I hestitate to do that but I bought the Venza lights from Aliexpress since they were half the price of what was on Ebay and they work great. The cheapest I've found the Mori's was $150, that was a TRS code.

Back