Range Rover Runs Over Bikers in NYC

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I'm not standing behind the bikers. But the guy in the range rover had other options. Such as stopping way earlier to avoid the entire thing. Granted I don't know how he got in the middle of them in the first place, I don't think the group would have just picked out one car. Something else had to of happened before that.

Even if he was scared for his life his actions aren't exactly justified either to begin with. Why wouldn't he just stay on the highway and call the police?

Also, I'm not going to believe what these news stations say when they're only getting the story from the police and they guy in the range rover. When the stories don't even match up to what I saw in the video. Not at all

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
After thinking about it more. I retract my previous comment.

I guess I was more focused on the charge neither party because I think both should be charged. So I guess we actually do agree haha my apologies

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
The more the story unfolds I can safely say that we ALL would like to know what triggered this.
What happened at the beginning.
Was the SUV driver being careless around the bikes?
Were the bikers being reckless around the SUV?
Was the SUV suddenly swarmed with bikes and paniced?

Looking at the vid at 24 sec, it looks like the rider (middle lane) was waiting for the guy with the GoPro (on the left) to catch up.
His fault was that he got in front of the SUV & IMMEDIATELY starting slowing down to talk/comminucate

His judgement of how close the SUV was behind him was bad
OR
He assumed the SUV had time to slow down as well.

But, after that accident/incident happened, that's when all HELL broke loose & the SUV driver got outta dodge

Brad2274

Reaction score
yeah they both went too far in how they reacted to the situations now that i look at it more, id say they should both be charged but kinda difficult to charge the bikers with how many there is, and i doubt they'll pin something on the driver since he claimed 'fear of assault' and there's video to back it up.
honestly, itd be easier for both sides to meet and shake hands and apoligize, otherwise it's gonna be drawn out and a pain in everyones arse

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Well according to the article this is a yearly ride. So it sounds like we all need to buy SUVs and head up to NYC this time next year. Thoughts? All joking aside it is hard to truly feel bad about either side since this could of been solved by calling the police. If I was the SUV driver I would of instantly been on the phone telling them where I was and what was happening.

I could be wrong (probably not), but I highly doubt the SUV driver was the instigator. Why would he try and cause a problem around 40+ motorcycle riders? And since when did large group of riders like this follow the law and just cruise at speed limit? I just can not think of a reason that would point to the SUV driver starting this.

Last edited:

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
yeah I agree with Eric, it's unlikely he just decided to be *that much* of an ass to strangers with his family in the car

seems way more likely the pencil dick patrol went full swing after screwing around

like, either know how to drive your bike, or man the hell up to the consequences

a bike is way way more agile and able to stop/accelerate way faster than anything on the road, so it's totally on the bike driver to be twice as responsible. You don't pin that shit on a big ass truck like a coward.

Last edited:
Back