Brakes squealing...

Halo9809

Reaction score
So a about two months ago, me and my dad replaced my front brake pads, well the first time I drove it I noticed something was not right. One side of the brakes was squealing like it needed replacing, but there brand new... Now the guy at AutoZone urged me to replace the clips along with the brakes, I'm thinking that could be the issue? Since replacing my brakes it has continued to squeal like it is in desperate need of replacement, in my opinion it is also the reason my brake rotors are now warped. So I'm just wondering if anyone has any knowledge about it. Could not replacing the brake clips somehow have something to do with my brake squealing and warping the rotor? If its any help, it also kind of rumbles when braking at high speeds like on the interstate going to a exit ramp. Any help would be appreciated guys. Thanks in advance!

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
sounds like the sliding pins might have seized, so the pad might be on there a lil too tight... take those out, clean them and regrease... make sure they can slide in and out smoothly

xci.ed6

Reaction score
squealing tends not to happen from a siezed caliper, anyway, follow their thing and disassemble, that's how you know what's broken.

Halo9809

Reaction score
Alright, thanks guys, I'll try and give that a try this week, and I'll let you guys know if it stops.

Back