What? New aftermarket headlights...

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Nice! Are you going to retro them or just leave them the way they are?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
I'll probably bring leave them untouched this time b/c it's for the repair at the shop.

Yes please let me know how the fitment is. That is my main concern.
For sure man. :boink: Hopefully these don't have any condensation problems, too.

Ooh I look forward to your report. :)
Plz do. ;) We'll see how bright the led tubes will be w/ my LED 168s I use for my interior lights.

DBO867

Reaction score
seen these when i was searching for some switchback led strips. was pretty surprise to find new parts for our car too

kn0x47

Reaction score
from a facebook group
14708323_1436875586327443_3319294377271141844_n.jpg

May I ask you how long ago it was? Curious to see when this thing came out 1st.

he's saying he had blackhousing

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^ Looks good to me. Good to see it's emitting bright enough.

Not so sure if it's just me, but looking at it carefully, there could be 2 hotspots, one by the edge and the other one by the curve. Idk, maybe its the pic, but that would be cool if there're multiple sections in there.

I see. Wondered why he deleted the LED part b/c that's the best part lol.

I actually received the set yesterday, it's a pain but I decided to keep them BNIB until the repair work starts. Really wanting to open it up 'n check, but I gotta embrace myself :lock:, so the job get's done as smooth as possible.. Next month.. :coffee:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
...singalong bulbs. PROOFREAD YOUR SHIT

Richard I'd open them and test them out, there are a few different vendors selling these...yours might take them back if they are DOA. I can't see a seller not taking responsibility for a defective product, but even still it should be covered by Ebay's guarantee.

Last edited:

JV6

Reaction score
good luck rich! can't wait to see them installed on your car. I would of jump on these aswell, glad someone is still making parts for the 6ga.

off topic, saw a stock hella mint i4 black coupe the other day with oem lip kit all around. Tempted to walk up to the guy and asked if his car was for sale lmao.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
...singalong bulbs. PROOFREAD YOUR SHIT

Richard I'd open them and test them out, there are a few different vendors selling these...yours might take them back if they are DOA. I can't see a seller not taking responsibility for a defective product, but even still it should be covered by Ebay's guarantee.
Everybody... One, two, three..., "Signal bulbs~♪♪♪" :chewie:

Thanks for the advice, Chris. I still feel like I shouldn't be opening them up, but I'll let the shop know about it beforehand, if I ever open it. Well, there was actually a protection plan, as an option for $15+ for stuff like DOA I guess, but I thought I didn't need it... Oops.

good luck rich! can't wait to see them installed on your car. I would of jump on these aswell, glad someone is still making parts for the 6ga.

off topic, saw a stock hella mint i4 black coupe the other day with oem lip kit all around. Tempted to walk up to the guy and asked if his car was for sale lmao.
Thanks James! If things go well on this set, I might DIY a set of retros like you did, when the time comes.

I wouldn't have stop ya haha. Will always welcome you back in the game.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Got my set today. So I can't speak for longevity obviously, but these LED tubes are actually pretty bright. Much brighter than I thought they'd be anyway. The color temperature looks more yellow and blue in these photos than what it is, it's actually a pure white.

temporary_121.jpg

temporary_120.jpg

This pic was taken just now, dark outside and no lights on in my garage.

WP_20161208_20_18_21_Pro241.jpg

:iranmaybe:

Back