Tan Interior Swap

Denton1000

Reaction score
I switched from tan cloth to black leather in my sedan. I hated how the coupes got the nicer seats. Nicer bolsters, power seats etc. It is what it is though. My front seats are coupe and the drivers seat has fully functional controls. No more pulling the handle back on a hill, seat flies back and the car stalls because my foot came off the clutch lol. I wanted the tan leather seats because they are really classy but I feel like id get them too dirty. At least the floor anyway. Good luck with the rest.

I thought about them getting dirty but I’m only going to do the seats and little things here and there tan so it has an almost-factory look but will retain the black that won’t show dirt or wear heart as bad.

capsidx

Reaction score
I’m wondering if it would be less trouble to remove the power seat harness from my car and put it in the LX. I have racing seats so there is no need to keep the harness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that would be a lot easier but if the car didnt come with power seats you'll still have to hardwire it.

I thought about them getting dirty but I’m only going to do the seats and little things here and there tan so it has an almost-factory look but will retain the black that won’t show dirt or wear heart as bad.

Exactly my train of thought. Tan looks great but I think because its leather it should be easy enough to just wipe off. The only thing with leather seats is they need more care so they dont crack and split. Once that happens the only way yo fix it is to have it reupholstered which can add up to big $$$.

j35_cg2

Reaction score
I think that would be a lot easier but if the car didnt come with power seats you'll still have to hardwire it.

Exactly my train of thought. Tan looks great but I think because its leather it should be easy enough to just wipe off. The only thing with leather seats is they need more care so they dont crack and split. Once that happens the only way yo fix it is to have it reupholstered which can add up to big $$$.

I’ll post some pictures when I get home of what I’ve got

aeastman1204

Reaction score
Nice, looks pretty good. Any plans for the old interior? My coupe has the tan cloth interior and I've been considering a black interior swap for some time. The passenger seat has the typical missing back and the carpet has definitely seen better days

Denton1000

Reaction score
Nice, looks pretty good. Any plans for the old interior? My coupe has the tan cloth interior and I've been considering a black interior swap for some time. The passenger seat has the typical missing back and the carpet has definitely seen better days

Not really sure, I still have all the seats. I’m not doing a full swap so rn I don’t have much done. My drivers seat is basically trash at this point, the bracket is broken and the backrest functions no longer work and then the passenger seat has the typical right bolster wear so who knows.

Denton1000

Reaction score
Update: I finally got my back seats in. I don’t have any pictures, it was as straight forward as anything and I really only needed them in to put a car seat back there. I didn’t feel the need to do anything special ie. take pictures but I thought it was still something to add to this thread.

Back