Fender work question

turbo_911

Reaction score
I actually had to cut mine off and re-drill another whole. I did however bought OEM paint, clear coat and primer. It's been over a year and with lots of salt and snow here in PA, still no rust in that area. If you have to do it, do it right and don't take shortcuts.

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
Nooooo hahaha I need a 45 degree angle, not all the way up to the fender, and its only like a 3 or 4 inch area which needs to be fixed so it doesn't rub...im not going for crazy super hellaflush fitment lol...should be a quick little thing in the morning

Edit: but no I will not be grinding lol to settle that...just tossed the idea around in my head since I saw it sitting around

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
yeah has the original tires...jsut finished...

grinded down the lips...Heated it up first so paint didnt chip (which worked)

looks perfect! sanded down the edge a little with a palm sander and edges are all perfectly flat. I was amazed with how it came out haha

was easy to control and get exactly where I wanted and I grinded down the bolt on the bumper and it actually grinded it down all while heating it up and melting the remaining plastic to the metal so no need to drill new bumper tab. I pulled on it and it stays...like really pulled on it lol

BkzTafetta

Reaction score
i used the hammer method but since i have an aggressive wheel setup in the back it just isnt enough...plus im slammed all the way....i got stuck going up a drivethru ramp and my wheels were stuck inside my quarter panels and stopped my car from moving lol and my lip scraped the innner quarters and now i hav a pretty long scratch on my rim.....the TL's arent that wide of a wheel so the hammer method should wrk perfectly fine for u bro...

sabSquishy

Reaction score
Make sure you cover what you grinded in nail polish or touch up paint before it starts to rust.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
iono what all this nonsense is about, but im tucking a 9.5" with natural camber at -3 and 225/40/18 using a mallet and heat gun with no rubbing or scraping .. tures dpnt rub and neituer does the rim .. and if youre getting stuck on driveways, you need moar anglez :p

Back