DIY fog light lens replace

rick_dang1987

Reaction score
Ok guy my fog light lens was broken and it was awhile i cant find any OEM fog light assembilies to replace it.I don't want to pay about $100 to get it new from Handa so i decided to replace the lens diy.

Step1

I went to pick & pull to find some broken headlights that i can use the lens, make sure it came from Honda, Toyota, Nissan... or any good brands car for quantity of the lens. i found an Nissan headlight, it broken haft so year of course i got it for free :)

Step2

Take off my broken fog light, separate parts, take out the broken lens out of assemblies, remove all the glue ( silicone )

IMG_0218.jpg

Step3

Cut the lens and make sure you don't crash it: i used a little knife to cut, make lines first then I take a red-hot knife to cut it easier.

IMG_0217.jpg

Step 4

Use silicone to shield the lens back to the assembilies ( i used black silicone that i bought from Autozone for about $5). let them dry for about 24 hrs for silicone full cure and maximum strenght.

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

Step 5

Put everything back on together and here is wat i got
IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice job, that's resourceful.

I don't get how you cut the glass? What tool did you use?

ILoveMyCG

Reaction score
Thanks that's awesome I have one that's cracked and was going to buy another set just to replace it!

Bax

Reaction score
Good writeup. That black Permatex silicone is great, I used it on my old retrofit.

lwlba

Reaction score
FYI. lexan doesn't work too well as they will deform/bubble after a long time of being heated by the fog lights. At least it dind't work well for me. (and a few others)

Mikey

Reaction score
I was just about to say, lexan won't hold up very long. And IDK if this matters or not but my fogs are curved. Not sure I can just run out and replace it with flat glass.

Do they not make clear silicone or why did you use black?

Good DIY though.

TUBHMOOBVAJ

Reaction score
There is a clear silicone option but when I used it on some of my previous projects, it doesn't hold up as well.

Back