Need help please

Melaniaa

Reaction score
Have an 02 honda accord and everything other then minor issues was going on, yesterday, after working 9 hours I go to my car and it is completely dead. Had someone jump me and it started up. (The day before every time I turned on the car the radio seemed to reset itself) then I picked up my husband and went to the car. (After breaking down again) did a volt meter test on the battery and it has juice in it. But not starting up at all. What could cause this? Any help would be nice at this point.
Thank you :)

Melanieag

Banned
Reaction score
Also it is a 4 cylinder, lights on dash board come on sometimes and other times it doesn't.

kn0x47

Reaction score
go to the auto parts store and they'll check your battery for free. just because it has over 12 volts doesn't mean the battery isnt bad

where in alabama are you?

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Also, check all of your ground wire connections including both battery connections as well.

SupraGuy

Reaction score
If the battery is okay then it's almost certainly the ground wire, as Rusty suggested.

There will be one large ground wire from the battery to the frame, and one from the frame to the engine block. It is most likely the one going to the frame, particularly is the dashboard lights sometimes don't come on.

It's an inexpensive part, and relatively easy to replace. It may not even need replacing, just cleaning up and making sure that it's good and tight.

Back