DIY- LX 5 Lug and Rear Disc Swap

Chorilored

Reaction score
So I want to double check something. I did a rear disk swap on my lx coupe, does this technically make me an ex?(suspension wise) I ask because on the DIY it says if you are an ex all you need are hubs( what I'm hoping for) I'm pretty sure my rear all I need is hubs since im disk already. I'm worried about the front only, the DIY states lx's need whole front knuckle. But since im ex already can i just get v6 front hubs? I'm currently running v6 calipers and pads front with prelude rotors. Thx dnt bash me for not reading through the whole thread. :beer2:

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I want to double check something. I did a rear disk swap on my lx coupe, does this technically make me an ex?(suspension wise) I ask because on the DIY it says if you are an ex all you need are hubs( what I'm hoping for) I'm pretty sure my rear all I need is hubs since im disk already. I'm worried about the front only, the DIY states lx's need whole front knuckle. But since im ex already can i just get v6 front hubs? I'm currently running v6 calipers and pads front with prelude rotors. Thx dnt bash me for not reading through the whole thread. :beer2:

Ex - hubs only all the way around

Lx - hubs on front only, could get away with it on the rear if you feel like tearing down the entire brake system. I didnt, so I just swapped knuckles.

You don't NEED the whole knuckles, but that's how I did mine and IMO, it's easier to swap if you have drums.

Chorilored

Reaction score
Ex - hubs only all the way around

Lx - hubs on front only, could get away with it on the rear if you feel like tearing down the entire brake system. I didnt, so I just swapped knuckles.

You don't NEED the whole knuckles, but that's how I did mine and IMO, it's easier to swap if you have drums.

thx for the info, i also swaped the rear knuckes when i went disk. has anyone had luck with ebay hubs? like these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-New-Rea...1998|Model:Accord&hash=item43ab2286e2&vxp=mtr

front:http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-to-200...fits=Model:Accord&hash=item2eb97e61e7&vxp=mtr
and for the front hub i want to DIY with help from youtube

Last edited:

Jimsun

Reaction score
Just a question about the rear and front hub.
The v6s came with the wheel sensor that is mounted on the knuckle. Do i need to have that installed on mine aswell? I have an LX and they don't come with ABS

Chorilored

Reaction score
Has anyone on here upgraded their proportioning valve after going from drum to disk? I was looking at mine today and it looks similar to the 99-00 Si All disk non-ABS prop valve. im asking because my fronts lock up to fast under heavy braking.

Back