F&F Type 1 - worst investment ever! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
I was slammed on my f2s for awhile and couldn't deal with the headache. Raised it up enough to kill the wheel gap and I'm much happier with my ride quality. I'm going to a 45 series tire soon then I will crank them back down a but. My $.02

001Stunna

Reaction score
OP, you should've done some more research on FFs before buying them. You'll find that many people who claim them to be gods bread and butter are usually young teens/adults who would be fine with welding a steel rod instead of a damper in their car just so they can have their "stanced" or "hella flush" look. They'll mostly care more about the looks then the actual usefulness/effectiveness of the product.

That said, FFs should be somewhat livable with unless your roads are all crapp then your screwed. You can try playing with dampening and setting them close to full soft and see if it gets any better. Another thing is to make sure whoever installed them did it right and did not mess with the preload, while lowering the car from the bottom perch only.

If checking/trying the above and you're still not happy I'd consider selling them and look into Tein Street Basis or Tein Street Advance.

DaveNole

Reaction score
I have had ground controls with koni yellows and i have done tein s tec on my civic that i owned prior to this car. F&F the ride is better if you want stock ride quality, keep the car at stock height. You wont get stock performance with aftermarket suspension.

001Stunna

Reaction score
I have had ground controls with koni yellows and i have done tein s tec on my civic that i owned prior to this car. F&F the ride is better if you want stock ride quality, keep the car at stock height. You wont get stock performance with aftermarket suspension.

While I agree that looking for stock feel in any coilover/aftermarket suspension is a moot point...at the same time I think stating that "ff the ride is better" is simply a user based opinion. What may be amazing feel/ride to one may be sh1t to another.

Lastly tein s tech are just springs that one pairs with aftermarket shocks(no valving done at all to match shocks to springs)...so quite hard to compare them to coilovers.

Ground controls on koni yellows are probably better then most but they're meant for function...not dumping your car for hellfrush look...and they will possibly cost the same or more then most coilovers.

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
I knew the "you're just not ready" posts were coming. The fact is, I am a great driver. I have a perfect record. No speeding tickets or accidents (knock on wood). I take my time on the road. I definitely don't purposely run into potholes, but you obviously haven't driven where I live. Now I don't know how careful of a driver you have to be, but I take the same exact route to work everyday. When I veer off of that route it's horrible and half the time it feels like I'm sitting on a trampoline while kids are jumping on it. I don't know if I don't have them adjusted correctly or if the preload is correct or what, but the ride is real bouncy. And yes, the cracked rim was further supported by the stiffness of the shocks and the lack of travel on impact, thus causing a harder connection.

If you knew "it was coming", then why would you say that last bit about blaming the suspension on a cracked rim?

You obviously hit something, hence why an impact caused the crack. There is no "further supporting" of an impact, it either occurs or doesn't based on where you turn the wheel of your car to make it go. All the rest of that is just excuse city like craaaazy :lawl:

Can we have some pics of your car to verify how low you're talking?

^ They're more for stance than performance.

That's why

^ yup, about 99% of the time.

Lol @ "stance"..... The latest fad in the Honda world. Just ate a "stanced" out hatchie yesterday on a curvy road, dude didn't wanna "push it" whatever that means. Function > Looks ....but to each his own

lol @ "latest fad"

if latest means nearly a decade to you, then ok.

and the rest of what you said about racing a lowered civic and not realizing he probably didn't want to "push it" because his car had a lot more money in it than yours and didn't want to wreck it to prove nothing to anyone?

yeah...time to kill yourself hotshot :rolleyes:

Bax

Reaction score
You hit a pothole and cracked the rim, so that's the coils fault? No.

The bounce that your experiencing is most likely the stiffness that 99% of coils come with, alot are stiffer.

Driving over huge bumps n potholes is your fault... When you lower a car avoiding potholes is part of the low life.

Before you go and say how "horrible" the coils are you gotta think about how you drive and what bouncy vs stiff is.

Seems like you just aren't ready for the low life.

This.
I know i'm late, but learn how to ****ing drive. lol
I think I've hit one pothole since I've lowered my car. pay attention to the damn road.
Even not being lowered, you should still be aware of potholes for the sake of your alignment and tires.

haoleflip

Reaction score
If you knew "it was coming", then why would you say that last bit about blaming the suspension on a cracked rim?

You obviously hit something, hence why an impact caused the crack. There is no "further supporting" of an impact, it either occurs or doesn't based on where you turn the wheel of your car to make it go. All the rest of that is just excuse city like craaaazy :lawl:

Can we have some pics of your car to verify how low you're talking?

^ yup, about 99% of the time.

lol @ "latest fad"

if latest means nearly a decade to you, then ok.

and the rest of what you said about racing a lowered civic and not realizing he probably didn't want to "push it" because his car had a lot more money in it than yours and didn't want to wreck it to prove nothing to anyone?

yeah...time to kill yourself hotshot :rolleyes:

What I was getting at was that I've hit potholes before I dropped my car and the impact was never as hard as the impact is now. I live in Colorado and until you've been here, you have no idea how the roads are. The day after it snows or rains, potholes are created everywhere due to the erosion of the asphalt. Therefore, some of the potholes that weren't there yesterday are there today, so it's hard to predict where they are going to turn up. Now, I didn't directly blame the new coils for my cracked rim, but it DOES make a difference. It's physics at its best. There is far less shock travel, therefore when you hit a bump it causes the impact to be a lot harder.

Anyway, I am going to try to raise it a bit this weekend and see if that makes a difference. Thanks to those who actually gave constructive criticism without trolling.

Last edited:

haoleflip

Reaction score
This.
I know i'm late, but learn how to ****ing drive. lol
I think I've hit one pothole since I've lowered my car. pay attention to the damn road.
Even not being lowered, you should still be aware of potholes for the sake of your alignment and tires.

I know how to drive, read the previous post and the one I just posted and maybe then you'll understand before trolling.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
trollface.jpg

scrapnav6

Reaction score
Ive been driving a slammed car for about 2 years now, on ffty1. Ive had about 3 sets of wheels since. All it takes is vigilance. I dont drive the same roads every day. I go to work when its dark, come home when its dark. If you like the low look then you have to man up, learn how to be observant.

I can honestly say that at one point I probably had the lowest car on this forum. I have never had an issue with a cracked rim, oil pan, or exhaust. I have gone threw a few bumpers but none have been through any fault of my own. Untill recently when I lowered it a little more and cracked it comming off the lift.

What im basically getting at is dont blame the parts for doing what there built to do. Blame yourself for being a baby and complaing about your "bad roads that noone else understands".

Take this info however you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back