Tiny crack on rim

haoleflip

Reaction score
I have the tiniest crack on the inner wall of my rim that is causing the tire to go flat every 3-4 days or so. What's the best way to repair it? I don't want to have to buy another rim.

Metalp3n

Reaction score
You CAN weld it - but your structural rigidity is already ruined. You'll be better of; and safer; simply buying a new rim.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If the crack is at the edge of the rim and protrudes inward, and if it has cracked all the way through, then that would disrupt the bead and let air escape.

Brad2274

Reaction score
I'm curious to know, how does a cracked rim cause a tire to go flat? Unless the inner tube is also somehow damaged, it shouldn't happen.
mostly because cars dont use inner tubes anymore??? even bent rims can leak too since it affects how the bead is sealing against the rim

NotNice

Reaction score
i currently have a cracked rim right now that i took off. it was leaking very slowly. i repaired one a few months ago for around 100 bucks. ive taken off this one and plan to do the same. its the only ans safest way. to get it sanded down and re welded. if you can get a rim for under 200 i say get a new one. But if not take it to a professional.

danmccormick87

Reaction score
i currently have a cracked rim right now that i took off. it was leaking very slowly. i repaired one a few months ago for around 100 bucks. ive taken off this one and plan to do the same. its the only ans safest way. to get it sanded down and re welded. if you can get a rim for under 200 i say get a new one. But if not take it to a professional.

^Agreed!

Back