Wagon-izing a US sedan?

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
If you gotta go over the border of your state, it might be the wiser idea to pursue that 5th gen idea. I'm not sure how the lines would flow with that smaller body style though, I mean...would they even match up at all for it to not look weird?

It seems like it would be a crazy amount of work though, I've seen some wild combinations on Acuras/Hondas before too.

I dunno, maybe some random person on here already knows of this happening before :lawl:

Truth!

Go over to v6p.net. You might find more help

honestly, what the hell?

you joined less than 16 days ago, what right do you have to pop off like you know that for fact?

there's tons of helpful people on here, even the people who say smartass comments know way more knowledge than they let on if you just directly ask them for help.

I swear, it's overly defensive noobs and self righteous white knighters like a couple of you that ruin forums far more than the people who like to joke around. Sack up once in a while.

Rymel

Reaction score
I haven't seen a 6th next to an RL1 odyssey on the road since I got the idea, but staring at an odyssey in traffic just now, the glass may be too wide. However, SUV hatches hold promise as possible candidates.

Thinking of crazy, weird, off-the-wall, but plausible car projects is pretty much how I stay sane at work. I'd tell you my plans for my del sol as an example but I don't think anyone would believe it. It's not normal, it's completely ridiculous in scope, and the power plant ends up non-Honda. And it's totally worth doing.

Edit: Almighty I've been trawling Craigslist for a month and they're almost all auto or so beat on its not worth their asking price. It helps me check the surrounding states, but so far either I miss the sell or just no dice. But I do have this lead on the $700 6th gen sedan, so I entertained the thought.

Rymel

Reaction score
Dry sump L33 LS motor, C6 corvette transaxle + shortened torque tube, saddlebag fuel tanks to compensate for loss of original tank location, with a horizontally mounted pushrod MagneRide retrofit. Framed, caged, silenced, and as factory looking as possible within reason. And retaining reasonable trunk space, targa top use and power rear window. Creature comforts also retained. The plan is to hide it as much as possible and rely on ricer assumptions when dual exhausts and a mild hood hump are seen.

Most people start laughing and ignoring me after they hear Chevy V8 and Honda in the same sentence. But I firmly believe it can fit and stay balanced. All below a 3,000 lb curb weight.

Rymel

Reaction score
I still believe an LS4 transverse can be finagled into a 6th gen and up accord engine bay

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Anything is possible with some fab work, money, ams knowledge.

Mid engine integras/crx, V8 crx, ls1 civic hatch, RWD J32, and etc.

Gl with the project, what kind of rear have you decided on? Custon fabbing or using some off another wagon?

Rymel

Reaction score
I had no intention of removing the rear at all. Basically I was adding onto the existing chassis and turning what used to be the trunk into the station wagon's rear cargo bay, and merge the new hatch glass half with the rear half of the existing trunk lid. Angled slightly like the 5th gen and Subarus, Camry fat n flat a$$ is no bueno :p

Rymel

Reaction score
Sorry for double post, but I wish I understood the instant rebellion against the idea of turning a sedan into a wagon. What do you think BMW does for their wagons? Audi? VW? The euro accord/TSX wagon? They're just modified sedan bases.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
What instant rebellion? You had one person out of 7 or 8 that told you it is a bad idea. Relax, you aren't getting many responses because most people on here would never even think of trying this.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sorry for double post, but I wish I understood the instant rebellion against the idea of turning a sedan into a wagon. What do you think BMW does for their wagons? Audi? VW? The euro accord/TSX wagon? They're just modified sedan bases.

Well the difference there is that the manufacturer builds a wagon as a wagon, from the ground up. You are looking at combining two different existing vehicles, which causes a lot of critical factors to come into play. But if you find the similarities and take the measurements, and find common ground...it can be done if you are patient, dedicated, have good resources, and the money to fund it.

Only a couple people who have posted in your thread have done anything that is somewhat of a major transformation to their car, you have to love these cars to want to turn them into something else. It's true people like to scoff at an otherwise "implausible" idea, though if you really read no one here has really been that negative. If you're set on doing something even if it is a horrible use of time and money (most major things with a 6GA are :lawl:)...if you want to do it, then go pursue it. Just be prepared for 1.1 million challenges.

The best thing you can do is basically get the two cars you want to "combine", and set to work. That's a lot of up front cost though, so do a lot of reading and go to junkyards and take measurements and grab parts and get an idea if the idea as a whole will work.

Last edited:
Back