F23A1 01 Coupe No reverse

broken_Accords

Reaction score
What are my options are far as a direct swap for a automatic transmission?

Just purchased the car for $600.
I do have about $2000 to spend on her and a Engine and 5 speed swap are a possibility.

8af47c9a430695b794d2cdcefc7c78e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enne

Reaction score
Either one of those is going to cost at least $2k if you have it done by a shop.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Either one of those is going to cost at least $2k if you have it done by a shop.
Yup. I'd look for a low mileage JDM 00-02 AT to put into it. The trans should run for around 5-600, plus labor. This would be the cheapest, and easiest way to go.

Accordx

Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the h22 trans fits as well. Not sure how much those are going for but that could be a cheap option if you just need a transmission

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the h22 trans fits as well. Not sure how much those are going for but that could be a cheap option if you just need a transmission

But, he needs an engine and trans.
I think it'll go in just fine, but be "short geared" for an F23, but for the F20B he wants to use, it would probably be ok.
However, he'll need a different ECU, along with a jumper harness for the engine to run. Do a F20 swap search.

Reaction score
If you have no problems doing the work, go for the 5 speed swap.

You'll need a manual ECU
Clutch reservior and lines
Shifter and cables
Pedals
Small wiring differences. You'll have to run a few wires...like the reverse light and stuff.

I've done a lot of these on Del Sols and Civics. It shouldn't take you more than a
day to rock all the lines, pedals and stuff. Swap the trans the day before or after to break up the work.

Accordx

Reaction score
But, he needs an engine and trans.
I think it'll go in just fine, but be "short geared" for an F23, but for the F20B he wants to use, it would probably be ok.
However, he'll need a different ECU, along with a jumper harness for the engine to run. Do a F20 swap search.

Yeah it's just not very clear if the OP needs an engine or just a transmission in their wording haha... also I think if I were in this situation I'd make the switch to manual, I don't see why you'd swap another auto in unless it's really inconvenient for you to have a manual

Back