Ultra Racing Front Strut Bar

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
Dang! Was I wrong or what! Haha how good would this be and what exactly would it help?

This really wouldn't make all that big of a difference by itself, much like the rear lower tie bars on our cars. What would make a noticeable difference is the lower cross brace that Wheelman had test fitted on a sedan. Never did find out if it fit the coupes...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^I think it does.

And I wouldn't say any of us were wrong, they had it listed as a strut tower bar, so yeah. Misleading. I should have realized at seeing the single mountings points though, lol.

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
^I think it does.

And I wouldn't say any of us were wrong, they had it listed as a strut tower bar, so yeah. Misleading. I should have realized at seeing the single mountings points though, lol.

yeah the single bolt on each side was a bit puzzling. i saw the brace but seems like overkill to me. unless you were doing some serios track days then i dont see the point

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Dang! Was I wrong or what! Haha how good would this be and what exactly would it help?

i dont think you were wrong. they do market it as a strut tower bar, and i dont think itd go anywhere else...especially on the underside of the car since ultra racing already makes that whole giant front brace anyway. on their site, it says its a strut tower bar, though like kevin said, i dont think itd do much good having one connection point per side. i always did wonder how it hooked up to the towers though, like which bolts it used. that could always be a stock photo too, because a google search showed an ultra racing tower bar on an 8g accord and it had full mounting plates that mounted under each strut bolt.

http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Bars.asp?ID=3060&JID=model/Honda/Honda Accord-CG4.jpg

Last edited:

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Yeah, to be clear I was going based off of the picture. Could easily have been a stock photo that they used for the wrong part, haha, it happens. I don't know of any strut tower bar that that uses a single mounting point per side.

Back