AEM 2pc rotors

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
ill prob just get new brembo blanks or something similar when i change next. i still have stock wheels so no one can see and not sure if upgraded brakes or worth it right now. i need to go low!!

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Your going to need 17" wheels and up to clear an AEM BBK. I can't say if the stopping power is the same with stock calipers since I upgraded to NSX calipers. They retailed at about 500-600 when they were new. They are now discontinued but I believe that they still produce replacement discs but I'm not 100% sure.

Here's mine, don't mind the rust lol.
Picture003.jpg

AZmike

Reaction score
Since the caliper is moved outward the brake torque is increased. This will reduce the pedal effort to get the same braking force as the stock system on the front axle. This change also would alter the front to rear brake balance (front lockup even earlier than stock), and add rotating, unsprung mass. Your braking performance for the first stop is limited by the grip from your tires, not the brakes themselves. It's already easy to press hard enough on the pedal to lock the wheels. The only advantage the larger rotors really offer is fade resistance for continuous hard braking. Unless you're going to track the car you wouldn't even appreciate this one advantage.

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
Holy s***!!!!^^^^
I better find the bus cus I just got schooled! Thanks for that info man. I think I'll pass. There's more important things I should be buying for my girl than bigger discs. And those nsx calipers are legit! I love your ride victor!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Unless you get wider wheels...

Good info though, alot of people don't realize that.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I would assume that tires with better grip would also aid in stopping power with upgraded/larger brakes/rotors.

AZmike

Reaction score
With more tire grip your would need to press harder on the pedal to achieve maximum braking. The extra grip would allow you to slow down faster. However, for the first stop you still wouldn't really benefit from a modified brake system assuming the stock system has a decent front to rear balance. The primary benefit of the huge brakes you see on sports and race cars it their ability to shed huge amounts of heat generated from continuous heavy braking.

Bigger brakes than you need just hurts ride quality and grip on uneven surfaces from the extra unsprung mass.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
Since the caliper is moved outward the brake torque is increased. This will reduce the pedal effort to get the same braking force as the stock system on the front axle.

not sure if i agree with this.. the braking surface is still the same as tht is determined by the caliper pistons.. how can brake torque increase with just the relocation of the caliper?

The only advantage the larger rotors really offer is fade resistance for continuous hard braking

totally agree

The primary benefit of the huge brakes you see on sports and race cars it their ability to shed huge amounts of heat generated from continuous heavy braking.

totally agree

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I don't think bigger brakes really affect ride quality enough to notice, especially if you have upgraded suspension. The dampening and spring rates really iron out any imbalance that may be occurring. Now if you were serious into circuit racing with a serious car, then yes that becomes a bigger factor.

And some bigger aftermarket calipers are lighter than the OEM calipers. Just depends on the setup. I know what you're driving at though.

Last edited:
Back